News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Avenue Businesses Suffering

Started by jay, July 09, 2009, 07:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

tarpley has to do more then walk her ward one day a month to keep the businessmen/wo from leaving her ward and ytown. swierz i know you are doing your job but there are some council reps treat the council job as a paper route. can someone from council tell paul drennan to pickup his council's mail on a regular basis. i heard council chambers' clerks are going to ask the council for monies to buy a bfi dumpster for all of mail he ignores or he is clueless that this mail pertains to his effectiveness as a council rep.

john r. swierz

Please don't hold me that promise about Judge Dellick, remember that Council member Tarpley works for her and she made that commitment. I have worked with several business' trying to get them to stay,but they left. I worked on getting Ally's Conv. store to lose the liquor license. Iwasthere you know me well and I NEVER, I repeat NEVER make a promise that I have no control over. I would have made a promise to work hard at getting more business' to the table. Sorry, no one wants to get involved.

iwasthere

I AND SEVERAL OTHER INDS ATTENDED THAT BUSINESS SUMMIT MEETING AND YOU AND TARPLEY PROMISED TO HAVE SEVERAL MORE BUSINESS ON THAT SIDE OF TOWN WITH TERESE DELLICK IN TOW. WHAT HAPPEN TO THAT PROMISE?

john r. swierz

For the record, since I took office on 1-1-08 I have been telling the Chief of Police that we have a
    crisis in the 300 and 500 blocks  along South Ave. from E. Midlothian north to E. Indianola Ave. While
    he has stepped up patrols intermittingly, they need to be ongoing.  Look at the crimes happening in
    that  area, homcides , robberies, juveniles roming the streets stopping cars or stoning them. They are
    also robbing residents. While I have started block watches along the east side of South Ave from
    E, Midlothian to I 680, I am working on organizing the area west of South Ave., thats the 300 block
    from E.Midlothian  north to E. Philadephia.   But getting back to the business', not one business has
    called me asking for assistance. Last May Councilmember Tarpley and I held a Business Summit and
    maybe 20 total people attended representing 5-6 business'.

jay

Earlier this week a bold daylight shooting on East Ravenwood left a man with four bullet wounds.  South Avenue businesses near Ravenwood are now reporting a steep decline in traffic.