News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hilton shootings

Started by connie254, April 01, 2008, 08:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

connie254

I try to keep up with local news but just saw on WKBN website of another shooting on Hilton. Doesn't surprise me.
Let me tell you what it was like for the past three years we were living there before we moved last year.\
The people in the neighborhood were obnoxious,screaming nonstop.Drug deals happened in the open in the street in front of our yard. Children were all over the place unsupervised,school age children were there during school hours.Gunfire could be heard from every direction.  Boomboxes were the norm in the cars.We could never sleep a full night between the booming, the gunfire and the screaming.
Police were visible as they patrolled the neighborhood at breakneck speed. Once a week.
There was a young woman who was pregnant that rented the house next door. She was very quiet and never had any visitors. After her baby was born,there was a few visitors also quiet. Then a man showed up. Within 24 hours,he was screaming at her, hitting the house, and threatening her.I called 911 at 8:50am for fear of her safety and of the baby. The man took off in his car three times and came back before he finally left. The police showed up at  9:10. The woman could have been hurt or dead before they arrived. She moved out within 2 days.
The people left there that are decent are in fear of their lives.
The people causing the trouble know they have control of the street and "know" that "their mayor" will do nothing to stop them. What is needed  is a crackdown of the general area and true zero tolerance. Decent people will not move into the neighborhood if they are in fear for their lives night and day. Youngstown will continue to go downhill and the plague will spread quickly.