News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Danridge Nursing Home on Oakhill Avenue - Stripped

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, April 27, 2007, 05:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

WOW - I couldn't agree with you more about "vandalism" murdering our city - kind of like joining in with "THE REAL MURDERS".

After I read this post - I took a ride around the Market/Oak Hill/Hillman area.  I noticed where Bishop Wagner's parking space is located - it has his name on the pavement.  I thought it was the Danridge Nursing Home's parking lot until I saw his name.  I expected to see some kind of school structure but saw several trailers - is that the school ? ? ?   I was suprised when I drove over to Hillman and saw the new (?) structures at New Bethal Church - very impressive.  I then drove over to Idora Park (nothing left but the fence).  Does Mt. Calvary still own that property ?  There is sure A LOT of EMPTY lots in the area of not only Idora but Oak Hill and Hillman talk about 2010 Green Space ! ! !  I sure wish I had a good camera and knew how to go 'on line' with it - I am just not that rich or smart.

jay

I agree with you.  The city does not have an effective program to deal with the people who vandalize properties.  There has to be a quick response when dealing with vandalism.  Vandalism is almost like murder; it is killing our city.

Have you followed the demise of the Salvation Army Building on lower Mahoning Avenue in the first ward?  Several years ago the building was still being used.  When it closed, it wasn't long before the vandals removed wire, pipes, fixtures, and even the windows.  No one took the initiative to save the structure.  The councilman, police, mayor, neighbors and civic organizations did absolutely nothing.  The building will soon be demolished at the city's expense.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

The Danridge Nursing Home right across the street from Mt. Calvary Church on Oakhill Avenue is being stripped and vandalized in the face of the church members....What is up with that? ....This church is home to Jay Williams and Bishop Wagner.

Vandalism is out of control in Youngstown but demolition is more important?

could some one post PHOTOS...thanks