News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Moving Out Of Youngstown

Started by jay, February 25, 2008, 04:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I was paid to dodge Bullets for 22 years. When we came back to the Southside i was in shock. When I broke up a fight across the street and a Kid fired a gun in the air I knew it was time to leave, I wasn't paid for it anymore and my wife didn't need to be exposed to it. We moved out of the city within 4 months of that day. And three months later the same kid was involved in a shooting of three others.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

The city does a terrible job of protecting our senior citizens.  Seniors should not have to live in fear of having their property damaged or having their homes burglarized.

ytowner

O well. I have a feeling she isn't moving far away at that age..

Maggy

They speak of the wisdom we gain as we age...

This lovely 85 year old woman "hit the nail on the head". Until the crime issues become priority one we will not advance in any other areas.

Our seniors who worked hard and invested their lives in our city are left feeling unprotected and defenseless and therefore choose to leave, or are pulled out by their children who fear for their safety.

As the old commercial stated... "we are judged by how we nuture our children and care for our aged".   

jay

Did everyone read the Letters To The Editor in the Sunday newspaper?  One person wrote about having to move out of Youngstown after living here for 80+ years.  The crime situation in their neighborhood was the major reason for leaving the south side of Youngstown.