News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

North of Midlothian

Started by jay, January 10, 2006, 07:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I was talking to a Youngstown businessman today who told me about a recent conversation he had with someone from Boardman.  The conversation took place in the suburbs.

The person from Boardman asked the Youngstown businessman what type of store he owned.   When the businessman replied, the person stated he could use that type of merchandise and then asked where the store was located.  The businessman stated that it was located on South Avenue.  The prospective customer then asked "where on South Avenue?"  When the businessman gave the location of his business in Youngstown, the person stated "I never go north of Midlothian.  It is too dangerous." 

This is not the first time I have heard this comment about Youngstown.  Just think about the tremendous disadvantage Youngstown businessmen have because of their location and the perception of crime.  In addition to reducing crime, what else can we do to improve the business climate in Youngstown?