News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Upside-Down on the South Side

Started by jay, May 03, 2007, 04:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

Please tell me someone called the city sign shop at (330) 743-1494 to get those fixed? It might take a while but at least they will aware and it will get fixed eventually.

jay

Have any block watches reported the theft of street signs? 

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Some years ago, we saw what appeared to be suburban kids running to their car with one of our local street signs in hand.  I have often wondered if Youngstown Street Signs are considered prized tokens of late night visits to the inner city.     

jay

Many street signs are also missing along Mount Vernon on the southeast side of Youngstown.

ForumManager

Someone took the no parking signs from our street  - apparently so they could park on both sides.

Micky

Your assessment seems right on target.  We thought the mangled signs were just kids being destructive.

northside lurker

Saturday, my mom and I were heading north on South Ave toward the I-680 entrance.  We happened to start looking for street signs and couldn't see any.  Did we miss them, or are they really not there?

If they aren't there, is it possible that they are being broken/removed/defaced on purpose, so that the police have a more difficult time finding where they need to go?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I just spotted this sign.  Let's see how long it will take before the sign is repaired.