News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Take Video of the Culprits

Started by jay, March 28, 2007, 06:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

Nothing has changed - gunfire, fights, break-ins, etc.  Nothing is reported in the news either. Sounds like lots of commotion on certain streets like Avondale and Lucius. 

There are large bands of youth out at night with parties and fights on the weekends.  Some kids look like they're 7 to 10 years old and they're walking the streets after midnight.   

The weather is getting warmer and school will be out soon.  Definitely not looking forward to summer. 

connie254

Yesterday about 3:30pm, my husband came from the Shell station on Midlothian and South when he saw 2 guys running out of Conroy's Daily Mart on South and Hilton and hear 6 shots fired, and there were groups of people around on their cell phones-he didn't have his with him. He came home and told me what happened and we listened to the police scanner feed on the site.  It took at least 10 minutes from the time I got the scanner feed up to the time they said something about it..  I also hear about a truck being shot up at 380 Hilton-maybe a few houses down from the intersection- and a guy waving a pistol at 730 E. Avondale headed towards Boston.

So no, it hasn't slowed down.

jay

Have the problems in the hot spot subsided?  I was hoping a few photographs would have been posted by now.

connie254

It was extremely quiet yesterday afternoon after school let out on Hilton.  Just normal cars going up and down the street like it was 12-14 years ago. No stereo boom boxes, no wild loud ruckus.  I started to think something was up, like the police were pulling them over in the area and they decided to "lay low".

yfdgricker

Between 2:30pm and 3:00pm in the Save-a-lot parking lot at Indianola and South Ave. They are everywhere around that block when school lets out. I've almost hit numerous 'students' there.

jay

Thanks for the offer.  I think it would be good to start with the large groups congregating on South Avenue in the afternoon.  I'm not sure exactly when is the best time to "experience" the crowd  but I've heard the problems often start after 2:30 p.m. on weekdays.  If anyone can suggest a better time and side street location, please tell us.

Oldmill

Thats a great Idea !!!  I like it, I am going to load up my gear and go hang around there . good thing I got a CC permit

jay

The other residents of the city find it hard to believe just how bad it is on the south side of Youngstown.  We need someone to take video of this bad behavior and then post the video clip on YouTube for all to see.  I noticed that this forum does have a link tool for YouTube.  One or more videos just might convince the mayor, councilmen, or police chief to change their tactics when dealing with the criminals who are forcing our good citizens to move away.  At the very least,  the videos would show the rest of the community the terrible conditions we are living with every day.