News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

We Don't Deserve This

Started by jay, March 18, 2007, 07:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

The Youngstown school board members will "care" enough when they put a huge school levy on the ballot though.

If they want to promote the city and its schools, they should have had the banquet within the city.

kenneyjoe330

Well WHAT do you expect - when even ACTION  held a banquet at the Metroplex in Liberty.  A GREATER MAJORITY of people - older people especially - have LONG AGO left Youngstown to the burbs and sundry places.  THEY themselves probably NEVER had their kids grow up in Youngstown let alone go to Youngstown City Schools.  After all this is the Southside  we are talking about and the second high school that the Southside has lost.  Also it was the parents who lived in Youngstown and paid the taxes - humph and NO CITY INCOME TAX THEN ! ! !   It would be interesting to know how many - or what percent of the people attending ANY school banquet of this sort still live in Younstown.  I'll bet ya a dollar to a donut 90% of those in attendance DO NOT LIVE in the city of Youngstown and would rather NOT have anything much to do with "The City" ! ! ! Oh grant it there will be a few that "talk the talk" however they will NOT be riding WRTA or even "walking the walk".  It is up to those of US who still remain in Youngstown to keep pushing the GOOD - so how many of the people on the committee that initiated this banquet still LIVE in Youngstown ?????  Nuf said  :-X

jay

The newspaper reported that 1,100 people are going to attend the event.  The cost is $30 per person.

This celebration will bring at least $33,000 to the Boardman catering hall.  The event should have been held in Youngstown. 

The Youngstown school board members are not watching out for the interests of the city or its taxpayers.

jay

The event will take place in Boardman.

There are several large halls and auditoriums in Youngstown where this farewell celebration could have been held.

Mary

In what city is it being held?

Your right Jay, this is very very sad that we can not even celebrate within the city!

jay

A major celebration is being planned for the spring to mark the closing of Wilson High School.   I recently acquired a flier announcing this event.  Much to my surprise and disappointment, the event will not be held within the city of Youngstown.  The residents of this city paid taxes for decades to educate every student who attended Wilson High School and paid the wages of every teacher and administrator who worked there.  I'm sure the dinner/dance event will cost thousands of dollars, money that Youngstown's economy could desperately use.  I guess this a case of biting the hand that feeds you.  The residents and taxpayers of Youngstown don't deserve this.