News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Side Restaurant?

Started by Mary, January 22, 2007, 10:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

There are often more sides to a vacant property's story. 
Red tape  seems the norm and the city  seems to discourage and even thwart owners from improving at times.

northside lurker

Quote from: Mary on June 03, 2007, 02:23:52 AM
And your right everything in this area takes so long.
I wonder if there is some way all the red tape can be reduced?  I think there would be a lot more development in the area if it wasn't so difficult to start up.

I know a reliable source whose son wanted to open up a Starbucks downtown.  But, after seeing the red tape involved, decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Mary

The mail service could not be complete, one reason could be a move. It will be listed for a certain period of time and then still auctioned. 
And your right everything in this area takes so long.

Micky

What do you mean by they "were unable to deliver the notices'?  Have the owners left the area?  Could the courts give a 30-day public notice in the Legal News, etc. and move on with the sale?  Hope so.  Seems like everything takes so much time around here before progress could be made.

Mary

The judge has ordered the sale but the former owners must be notified and the courts were unable to deliever the notices to them.

jay

The plants and weeds around the building are getting higher and higher.  What will be the fate of this former restaurant?

Mary

The building will be up for sheriff's auction soon. I assume the bank must have done it.

jay

I drove past Jolly Joe's today.  Someone recently covered all of the windows and doors with plywood.

Mary

Didn't even think of that. I will give him a call. Thanks you very much!!

Mary_Krupa

Did you check with the 7th Ward council member, Mark Memmer?
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Mary

Just to update everyone I was at the courts this morning and found that the case for this business is back on the docket to finish the foreclosure. I am continuing to look in to this opportunity. At this time I am trying to get in touch with someone that can get me in the building. I want to see what kind of damage has been done to it. Mainly worried about copper stripping.

On a side not a lawyer i know put together a little seminar on the forclosure process for the county. It was very informative if you are interested in buying these properties. It was given by an administrator of the county and a group called Lien forward Ohio. If any one is interested i can message you the notes on the process.

ForumManager

Hi all,
It would be beneficial to  take  rumors about people's alleged activities into a private conversation.
Unless we ourselves absolutely know something for certain this can become very sticky for our forum.
We are basically trashing someone we don't even know by continuing hearsay.
We would not appreciate it if someone that didn't know us personally posted something about us on a community forum.
It is acceptable  to say I think this PERSON or that PERSON is a jerk or this happened to me...because it is your opinion or your own experience, but  to say I heard a rumor that this person did something illegal is only that, HEAR SAY.
Several people on this forum can attest to the fact that I have asked them privately to revise their posts when they have said something about a person  that cannot be validated personally. 
This is not censorship.
It is an effort to let you know that your opinions about any person and any subject are very welcomed, but if it isn't your own opinion, it can lead to liability issues. 
If you say "in my opinion" or "I  question  this situation" then you claim ownership of the thought and this forum  cannot be held responsible for your thoughts or opinions.
I may have missed similar posts on occasion so please don't ask why I am picking only this post.
As noted my messages about rumors have been private. 
I've tried to be vigilant about rumors in regard to individuals in our community.   
I hope I've explained this adequately.
Forum manager

Mary

Thank you Mary.. I also heard from others the robberys were setups for insurance fraud. again just rumors.

Mary_Krupa

No, nothing else that the city officials said. Maybe you could contact Officer Bill Ward via the Chief's office. He is now one of two community police officers who attend block watch meetings and have a lot of contact with neighbors. He has been very helpful to us and might have some updates for you.

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Mary

Sorry Jay i just noticed you had posted in this thread. Actually i have not had a chance to do much except what i can find out about it on the net. A friend asked me to work for him for a while so i have been a bit busy but still interested.
Mary thanks for posting. i figured it was trashed inside but thanks confirming. City officials have anything else to say other then how bad it was inside? Any info would be great for me.
I am hoping to get to the courts in the next 2 weeks to get the full foreclosure file. I will post when i know more.