News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Defund Youngstown"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, November 12, 2010, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

The same family names that ran the old Model Cities program keep popping up in city government in different city departments.

Youngstownshrimp

Thanks Towntalk, so the model cities program was some big pork dream that Johnson started, failed and was closed down in 1974.  Back then at least we had all this money to throw around, now we are broke and these entitlement programs continue to be pushed by modern day model city programs.

How about some local pork funded projects that failed, there are thousands of them that need to be defunded.

Towntalk

The old Model Cities program.

Youngstownshrimp

Here's a new idea, since I became a part of Youngstown in 1985, I have witnessed the policy of this City, a policy of creating and supporting projects, securing grants and throwing money at these half baked ideas and ultimately watching these projects fail and lose taxpayer money.

I'm going to start with what my memory supports and please feel free to discuss:

The Blimp factory, anyone remember this one?  yes, the City had the old Lansdowne Airport and was working with a British company to manufacture airships.  I have more info. on this scheme and I will provide once this subject moves.