News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Defund Youngstown"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, November 12, 2010, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Shrimp...it is now April....pay any back taxes yet???????

You need to please use your back taxes to FUND YOUNGSTOWN!

Youngstownshrimp

"Hallelujah!  Phil Kidd has finally come over from the darkside!"  It must be a miracle, I could not believe what I was reading on Vindy.com today.  Mr. Kidd must have met Gov. Kasich and got a crash course in "insolvency."  Truthfully though, Phil is finally defending Youngstown from within by eliminating the entitled ruling class.  He truly seems to be maturing wherein he now can see that Youngstown's biggest problem has been  an antequated municipal system of leadership.  I think it is almost the time where Kidd needs to have more T-shirts made, but this time using my slogan of:

Defund Youngstown

"A movement to throw the bums out!"

Youngstownshrimp

The handwriting is not only on the wall, it is front page folks, the defunding of all pork is now official.  Don't worry, your private sector brothers and sisters will help you by giving you the fishing rod but not the fish.   The public sector will now learn how to really do urban agriculture instead of toying with it like a hobby, I believe the Amish are coming to replace their horses with Leroy so he won't cap someones ass.  Us Americans will no longer be obese because real labor will ensue.  Community organizing will now succeed with WPA type programs instead of "hey we got $500K to pay ourselves from a grant."  Right now the Youngstown's entitled ruling class are looking at each other so they can be prepared to throw their brothers and sisters under the bus.  Yes, the private sector global force, has descended upon us and their proven effort to correct capitalism is to to Defund Pork, defund institutions that take and not make.

Incidentally, I always thought the much hyped Youngstown Business Incubator rec'd no subsidy.  I was shocked to read that Cossler stated the YBI only created 320 jobs in 11 years.  I read they are getting defunded too.  I love the smell of defunding in the morning, "Long Live Capitalism!"  "Long Live Free Enterprise!"

Shrimp

Defund

connie254

Raise money the old fashion way?  Could some of that gone to pay your back taxes? 

irishbobcat

Just think.....

We could fund Youngstown if some people on this site merely supported

the city instead of tearing it down with more right wing neo-con anti-government

messages.....

Youngstownshrimp

The movement goes on...............

Looks like our new government is aggressively defunding Ohio bureaucracy, hopefully it would continue and move into Youngstown.

It seems the conversation in town is all the pork people are running for cover or trying to appear that they are actually productive.  The other day, I saw a grant writer at Cafe Cemento and she stated she was impressed with the Poland amphitheatre we built and congratulated us on the grant we obtained.  I immediately shot back that we never got a grant and we raise money the American way by hard work, she then slithered away.

Defund Youngstown!

Rick Rowlands

Our local governments just spent $60,000 to publish a book.  How many feet of decaying waterlines could that have fixed?  How many lane feet of roads could it have repaved?  How much plow driver overtime could that have paid for?   

Youngstownshrimp

Not a big enough start, but you are right we have to rebuild and defund Youngstown a little bit at a time but keep steady.

Defunding Deconstruction will stop some bleeding and maybe teach a young Novotny that a career in pork is not a way to start off your life.  Maybe this defunding will spill over onto many of the other pork nonprofits, the Acorn morph's.

Rick Rowlands

Youngstownshrimp

Sounds like City council wants to aggressively defund deconstruction.

Youngstownshrimp

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too.

The council of Youngstown was created when the population was at its height.  Since the fading plan of Youngstown 2010 is to shrink the City, shouldn't we shrink the council too?  How much do we pay each ward leader?

Towntalk

Let me be the first to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstownshrimp

And what may those names be por favor?

This is what I know about the old Blimp-balloon-in-the-sky scheme, I was visited by one of the key players back in the early nineties and given a file of pictures and plats of this new industry.  By then, the scheme was almost extinguished and it seemed like a last ditch effort by this individual.  What has brought my mind back to this pork project was the old Lansdowne airport sitting on 100 acres.  It appears that the City gave the airport to these investors for $1 provided it be used for public interest. Today, the airport is in the hands of private individuals and recently two gas wells have been sunk into the airport land.  So, where is this revenue going?  Who rightfully owns this property?