News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

OKTOBER FEST @ B&O Station ( 530 Mahoning Ave) Oct 2nd

Started by Lynds, September 28, 2010, 09:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i can go because my pension will be in my checking acct by this date.  :)

Lynds

Rust Belt Beer • German Wine Tasting • Family Entertainment • German Music • Live German Bands • Games

Pumpkin Patch by the North Side Farmer's Market

German Food from KRAVITZ DELI!
Brats, Schnitzel, Stuffed Cabbage, Black Forest Ham, Reubens

German Bakery
Strudel, Giant Cream Puffs German Chocolate Cupcakes
Join us at 10:30pm for The Gary Markasky Project

RECENT ADDITIONS:
6:30 PM- The fight scene from Macbeth presented by the Youngstown Playhouse.

3:00 -Polish Youngstown Folk Dancers
Admission $5

Zombies- from the Youngstown Zombie Crawl. They are crawling their way to Oktoberfest.

jay

Is there a cover charge to get into the Oktober Fest event?

Lynds

PRESS RELEASE! This Saturday October 2nd!

When the Jewish Deli, the local brewer, and the former train station get together to create a German Festival, how can it not be a great time?

Ken Blair, owner of the RUST BELT BREWING COMPANY, and is proud to announce that the authentic MAHONING VALLEY OKTOBERFEST will be held at the B&O Station on Saturday October 2, 2010. The event will feature live German bands, German food and pastries, games and activities, and of course, four varieties of locally produced RUST BELT BEER. Why did Rust Belt and the B&O Station want to start an authentic Oktoberfest? This year's theme states it simply: FOOD, FUN, BEER.

FOOD: Authentic German food is being provided by KRAVITZ DELICATESSEN AND KATERING. "We were surprised when Ken asked us to be the caterer for the German event. We are the Jewish Deli," stated Jack Kravitz. Ken wanted Kravitz based on its reputation as an ethnic caterer with strong Eastern European Roots. As Jack states, "My mom was born in Austria-Hungary, she taught me the cuisine. The food is very similar to German cuisine, and that makes it a very easy transition." The menu includes Schnitzel, Bratwurst, potato pancakes, stuffed cabbage, and Black Forrest Ham sandwiches. What about Kravitz Ruebens? "Yep", replies Jack, "We insisted on having those too." Kravitz is also featuring an Eastern European Bakery with apple strudel and giant cream puffs.

FUN: The B&O Station is a fun venue. The historic station will feature live German Music by Fred Zwick (11:30-3), Eintracht (the Mannerchoir house band) (3:30-6:30), and the Saxxon Club Brass Band (7-10:00). The outdoor patio is being turned into a biergarten. The Boxcar lounge will be featuring Rust Belt Beer as well as other domestic and imported beers. Amy Komara, manager of the B&O, has been hard at work creating German inspired drinks and cocktails that will be available at the Box Car.

BEER: Rust Belt Beer is brewed at the B&O. "Can't get fresher beer," quips Ken. "When you drink a Rust Belt at Oktoberfest you are drinking beer made right here in Youngstown, made days ago." Rust Belt Beer will be sold inside the B&O and also in the Biergarten located just outside the main building. Ken's goal is to sell 15 kegs of his beer at Oktoberfest.

Also, on scheduled is a pumpkin patch sponsored by the Northside Farmer's Market, a German wine tasting, and, at night the music changes to Rock with THE GARY MARKASKY PROJECT.

For more information or to set up a personal interview contact Jack Kravitz 330-759-7889, kbagels@aol.com. More details are available at the website: Rustybrew.com