News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Egg Recall

Started by jay, August 20, 2010, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Towntalk

Thanks Joly ... Giant Eagle does have it posted but not with their main list of recalls.

joly1584

I found the following in an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

"Hillandale said its eggs were distributed in 14 states. Giant Eagle, Heinen's, Acme Fresh Foods, Dave's Supermarkets and Marc's Deep Discount Stores are among the chains carrying Hillandale eggs locally.
In addition, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said it has pulled eggs from three suppliers, including Hillandale Farms, that bought eggs from Wright County Egg. "

Also, www.eggsafety.org lists all of the recall alerts with the brand names and code numbers.  It does not list any stores.

Towntalk

The question I have s are our local stores selling eggs from the companies mentioned? Neither WFMJ or WKBN address this important question. They simply use an AP story that isn't helpful locally.

I checked the Giant Eagle website and they post recalls, but eggs are not on the list.

I also checked the website of one of the companies whose eggs have been recalled, and they are no help.

Sparkles handles Hillandale products but they have no recall information on their website.

IGA on their website state that they do not handle the brands on the recall list.

jay

The recall has expanded three times in as many days.

For the latest lists, Google "egg recall brands" often.

Towntalk

Which brands are we to loook for?

BRAND NAME!
CODE!
DATE!
NAME OF STORES CARRYING THE EGGS!

jay

Some of the recalled egg brands are carried by stores in the Mahoning Valley.  Check the recall list and then check the eggs in your refrigerator.