News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bogus Jobs Claim

Started by Youngstownshrimp, August 08, 2010, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I've talked with two of the Farmers' Market farmers.  Both were from the area.  One was from Mahoning County and the other from Enon Valley, PA.  One vendor actually carried some produce that was grown in the City of Youngstown.

Youngstownshrimp

Farmers Markets have been the number one urban renewal tool for a few years now.  Hopefully they will grow like Four Seasons and Rogers.  Most of the produce in Farmers Markets are not grown locally or for that matter not even in this country.  When will we start farming the vacant land in YTown?  Oh, I forgot, we need stimulus and grant money first.

jay

You will find local farmers and small businesses at both the North Side Farmers' Market and the Downtown Farmers' Market.   The Norths Side Farmers' Market has at least three start-up food services featuring spring rolls, BBQ chicken, and hot sandwiches.  Three different bakers have pies, breads, cookies and more.

If you want to support local entrepreneurs, support the farmers' markets in Youngstown

Youngstownshrimp

The truth always comes out in the end, the saying goes.  Today's article in the Vindy is finally bringing light to what many of us business people have been writing on the wall.  All these pork agencies have been feeding us bunk and cannot even back up their job claims.  No, the economy is getting worse and is only buoyed by massive entitlements, unemployment and the creation of more bureaucracies who only employ the connected.  Folks! we have to start producing or we are doomed.  Grab a sewing machine and make clothes, grow something, make furniture out of the demo houses all over town, but do something. If you are receiving a government check, the printing will stop before you realize it.  We are becoming a third world country over night, I grew up in a third world country and we definitely are heading that way.