News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT UPDATE

Started by ForumManager, December 14, 2005, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Sorry not to give an update sooner.

About 500 people showed up, which was excellent.  

Thank you to everyone that participated. It was very encouraging to see all the staff at the Chevrolet center, all the reporters ---everyone present sang the carols.

We collected nearly 1000 pounds of food for the Second Harvest Food bank.

We started late ue to late arrivals.  I think we need to open the doors sooner and tell people to be on time.

It was great.

THANK YOU MAHONING VALLEY!!!

We are hoping to make this an annual event -- please think about attending next year!

We can break this record -- it only a small amount of your time.  

Happy Holidays to all!

maxina gohlke

jay

The record was not broken.   Maybe someone from the Youngstown Symphony Chorus will post the details.  I saw a large box of donated food being loaded onto a truck at the front door of the Chevrolet Centre.

Below is a picture of the building with the temporary Chevrolet Centre sign on the front.

Shar

I was out of town over the weekend for a work related Christmas Party and was unable to attend.  How was the turnout?  Were you able to set a new record?

ForumManager

The response has been really great and we might just have a shot at this.
Hope you can all show up.  Please take time to introduce yourselves to me. (afterwards)  I'd like to match  a face with everyone's user names.

Encourage friends and family to attend and sing.
it doesn't matter if you can carry a tune.  It doesn't matter if you sing loudly or softly.  It only matters that you sing for the ENTIRE session.  We have about 20 minutes of carols selected.  Guinness requires 15.  I talked to them today... so neat talking to British people!  and they have approved our carol list.  So we are definitely in the running for this record.

we can do this.  This will be a moment in Youngstown's  History!

Saturday December 17th 10 am doors open at 9:30

Bring a non perishable item for the food bank!

We really need  more volunteers.  We are afraid we won't have enough people to go around.  Jobs consist of ushering, watching to make sure people are singing  and passing out registration forms.  It is all simple stuff and you will be helping two  organizations.
Please let me know if you can help ASAP. You'll need to be there early - say 8:30 but it will be a really cool way to kick off your weekend!

Maxina aka forum manager