News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Church Festival In Campbell, Ohio

Started by jay, June 10, 2010, 09:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Festival

yfdgricker

My family and I went to St Joe's festival last year and there were so many teens there being loud and rude. It was so hard to get around and enjoy anything. Our fun evening at the festival was cut short when there was a stabbing in the parking lot and several police agencies and EMS were called in to clear everyone out and shut the festival down. This year, we went again after 8pm and it was much more enjoyable. The crowd was a lot thinner. We actually were able to eat and play the games there without people pushing you around (except for the festival game workers :) ). The $3 entrance fee was only for 21 and under without an adult.

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on June 10, 2010, 09:02:17 PM
St. Joseph The Provider Church Festival
Campbell, Ohio

Friday, June 11
Saturday, June 12
Sunday, June 13

$3.00 admission after 8:00 p.m.
the $3.00 admission charge was only for teenagers.

Elmo-Ytown

Law enforcement must be able to read and anticipate situations. I know if I was one of 4 or 5 patrols at a carnival that big with that many young people I would have already requested more police presence before the fight started. Safety and security always come first, but you also don't want to discourage teens from "hanging out" someplace where they can have good safe fun.

jay

This is a new sandwich.

jay

There are several rides at the St. Joseph Festival.

jay

Teens fighting at the recent carnival at the Southern Park Mall may have prompted this action.  According to news reports, a few hundred teens participated in the melee and it took more than two hours to restore order.  Public safety comes first for me.

Elmo-Ytown

There are a lot worse places for teens to hang out then a church festival, if this is the case then shame on them.

jay

I believe the $3.00 admission charge is meant to keep teens from coming there just to hang out.

jay

St. Joseph The Provider Church Festival
Campbell, Ohio

Friday, June 11
Saturday, June 12
Sunday, June 13

$3.00 admission after 8:00 p.m.