News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Newspaper's New Look

Started by jay, March 03, 2010, 06:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rushblvd

Maybe the tie is supposed to look that way..

Towntalk

Give them a little time to work out the bugs. This is just the first time they ran a full edition on the new presses, and you can rest assured that the guys in the press room as well as editorial and composing see the same things that you do, and are working to correct the mistakes.

As to size, most of the papers have reduced the size of their product, the costs of paper and inks as well as labor are a major factor.

irishbobcat

The New Look "Stinks"!  Less local news today.....they basicaly went from 4 sections to 3.....probably to save money and increase profits......

Some new printer....Cafaro tie comes out of his chin in my edition.....

Basically, looks like a high school paper now.....

jay

I received my first copy of the newspaper with the new look and size.   One problem I noticed was in the sports section.  The paper was cut is such a way that the top line (about one inch) was missing but appeared at the bottom of the page.  Undoubtedly, this problem carried over to other papers too.

Also, the colored ink on the picture of Cafaro on page A6 was not matched properly.  Mr. Cafaro's red tie appears to be coming out of his chin.

I'm sure they will work out these few problems.

How do you like the new newspaper?
Were there any problems with the printing on your copy?