News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Louie Free

Started by Towntalk, January 06, 2010, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmo-Ytown

Towntalk

The same can be said about the COMMUNIST ... COP SLAPPING woman that the Green Party chose to be its standard bearer.

>:(

irishbobcat

Free Oxicotton provided 5 days a week from noon to 3pm daily from the cokehead on 570 KBN......we know who his regulars  are on this forum just from their posts.....

Towntalk

Point well taken Jay. Most liberals (progressives) don't listen to conservative talk shows yet they can tell you what was said, so where does their information come from?

Now I admit that I don't listen to most of the talk shows on either talk station, (Savage; Cunningham; or any of the talkers on WGFT) but I do turn on Limbaugh when he's on, but not when there is a guest host. I mught add in passing that between 12:00 and 3:00 I also shut down my computer, have my lunch and take my afternoon nap so that means that I actually hear only the first hour of Limbaugh.

According to Talkers Magazine there are a number of Progressive talk shows in the top 50 so why aren't any of them aired locally?

If the valley is predominately Democratic you'd think that one of the stations would air at least a token liberal talk show.

Rick Rowlands

Well thats too bad.  Free educational service provided five days a week from noon til 3.  Youngstown would be a better place if the libs would just educate themselves at the Limbaugh Institute!

jay

Observation

Most liberals I know do not listen to talk shows.

Towntalk

WGFT airs mostly conservative talkers.

WASN is owned by the same company as WGFT. That company owns 3 local stations.

Why is it that the stations locally that air talk shows are airing so many conservative shows and so few liberal shows?

irishbobcat

Ok....then Clear Channel is part of a duopoly......and run Rush up and down the dial...Yuck

Towntalk

First of all Clear Channel does not have a monopoly over the valley's radio stations.

Secondly Free for years bashed Traficant (and rightfully so) but now he's in trouble with the IRS and FBI (ironic) for failing to pay thousands of dollars in federal taxes over a 3 year period.

If it had been a conservative in that position you would be as happy as you could be, and you know it.

Youngstown is served by 37 different radio stations in the metropolitan area which makes it the 119th largest radio market in the United States. Stations include 17 on the AM band and 20 on the FM band. The majority of the most powerful and popular radio stations in the Youngstown-Warren market are divided between two conglomerates: Clear Channel and Cumulus Media.
Cumulus Media, Inc. owns 7 stations in this market.

irishbobcat

Kick em when their up, kick em when their down- Don Henley

At Least Louie free brings a liberal voice to the valley, unlike the conservative Dan Rivers on conservative radio clean channel monopoly WKBN.....

Towntalk

True, but we're not tax dodgers.

And note that Free is on a 90 day probation at his radio station. Obviously his ratings are in the cellar. The station is having a hard enough time competing with the more powerful stations without having him drag them down further.

WBBW was less powerful than WKBN yet Dan Ryan made it the most listened to station in this market before he moved to WKBN.

Ratings are the life blood of any radio station for the simple reason that their ad rates are based on the ratings, and I note that WGFT - WASN has more PSA's than commercial sponsors which doesn't bode well for either station.

jay

I noticed that his income declined drastically over that three year period and his home was in foreclosure.  He has also stated in the past that he does not have health insurance but has a family member with serious health problems.

Many of us find ourselves in similar situations in this bad economy.

Towntalk

;D Louie's in big trouble with the IRS. Failure to pay income tax.  ;D

He was quick to bash Jimbo big time and now Jim can bash him.

>:( What goes around comes around.  >:(

http://www.vindy.com/news/2010/jan/06/radios-louis-free-charged-failure-file-newswatch/?newswatch

http://www.justice.gov/usao/ohn/news/2010/05January2010_Inf.pdf

:P SHAME  :P