News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

More Good PR For Youngstown

Started by Towntalk, December 15, 2009, 01:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,

I'm in the same shrimp boat, but I just got done with the national Parade magazine interview.  I guess recognition comes from outside looking in.

I'm really humbled with the interview by a national magazine.  I behaved myself and spoke with only the community in mind.  I believe the angle will be how Youngstown right sizing itself will allow all the abandoned residential lots to be assembled for larger agriculture/aquaculture acreage.  This will allow urban agriculture to become a major industry in Youngstown and other post industrial cities with water.

I predict that one day, as visitors view the aquaculture industry in Youngstown, their last stop would be to see the Tod Engine and see the great past we once had in the Valley.

AllanY2525

Rick,

I suspect that just like the work I am doing at the house on Woodbine, your
"payday" will come after all the hard work is done and the museum opens.
That payday being the revenues generated by the museum, along with the
recognition that it sorely deserves....

I've been working on that house and waiting for the day it is completed,
blessed by the building inspector and opens for business as a residence
hall for YSU kids.  That's when "payday" will come for me - or when what I
am doing convinces someone else to buy a property in my neighborhood
and fix it up, whichever comes first.

Rick Rowlands

What the Tod Engine Heritage Park doesn't warrant a mention?  Geez, after all this work and still being ignored. 

Towntalk

Never fear, the Mayor personally took the reporter on the tour and I'm sure that he didn't leave anything positive out.

AllanY2525

How about the Hope VI housing development that replaced the former Westlake Terrace projects
with brand new, single family homes. (over a hundred of them).  Then there's the new student apartment
complex being built on Madison Ave/Bryson Street.  How about Y.S.U having the largest enrollment in over
sixteen years?  Then there's the expansion coming to V&M Star Steel, the new buildings downtown, the call
center(s) that have relocated to the former Phar More building (what is it called now... 20 Federal Plaza?),
How about the fact that the industrial park is full and looking to add more businesses?

The realty building (now open for business, and people moving into it)....  the new school buildings that have
been built (New East High, New Williamson Elementary, complete update and an addition to Chaney High School,
upcoming new Rayen Middle School), the Convocation Center, the $2.8 million dollar project to redevelop Wick
Park, the new North Side Public Pool, the Smoky Hollow redevelopment project, the new addition to the DeYor
center for the performing arts (the new stage/theater addition), The new Williamson Business College under
construction right now at Y.S.U.,  the re-opening of the B&O Restaurant, the new CVS Drug store under
construction on Fifth Avenue, the Wetlands project for the East Side, the businesses that have opened up in the
downtown, or moved to it, the new MVHS museum in the Harry Burt building downtown, the list goes on.....all
we need is for someone to make a list of all the positive things that have been going on in Youngstown, and then
present this  info to the outside world the right way...

I'm sure there are many other good things that have been happening/are happening in Youngstown that I have
missed.. everyone please feel free to add to this list.....

:)

Youngstownshrimp

So aside from the incubator and Turning Technologies, what other developments in Youngstown, do we show them for Youngstown 2010?  I'm being serious and respectful.