News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

SNOOPS Block Watch Meeting - Thursday, November 12

Started by jay, November 12, 2009, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

keenyjoe i agee with rushgal the current council is out for their family and frds and themselves. kitchen and brown was upset that an individual went out of his way to find a grant that made him employable to be hired by the city for the city to deal with demolition and recycling homes's debris. jrs, before you have a cornary over this statement it does not include you. ;D i am talking about the four puppets that jay williams help to elect to council brown, kitchen, drennan and tarpley.

kenneyjoe330

Rushblvd - - - -  I don't believe your last statement AT ALL "The city administration is not going to help us until we start helping ourselves."  I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THAT ! ! ! You well know that Mary and I - as well as Others - have done MORE than our share of cleaning, weeding, planting etc.  Mary as well as a lot of Others are angry that things like the young lady next doing business with a customer in a van right in front of the house in broad daylight not to mention what goes on in the garage - the empty lot next door has a DEAD tree on the devil strip just waiting for a limb to fall - hopefully no one will get hurt - The even side of the 1200 block of Indianola needs FOUR of the seven structures TORN DOWN - would you like to come help ? ??? ? NOW what do you think I SHOULD DO ABOUT IT - Also take a good look at the corner of Cooper and Indianola and pick the nicest building  NOT and tell how I can "help myself" fix it. Have you been drinking and I was not invited  :'( :'( :'(

Rushblvd

Mary I totally agree with your points.
The residents are going to have to start taking care of there neighborhoods if they want to stay- put. If it takes cutting an empty lot then do it. If it means picking up litter then do it. If you have drugs being sold in your neighborhood then get pictures, licenses plate # and keep track of the times this is going on, this is something the media loves--because you have the proof it's going on.
The city administration is not going to help us until we start helping ourselves.

Mary_Krupa

All the robberies

The decrepit condition of housing

Residents who pay taxes feel that they are not getting their money's worth from the city in terms of city services. We used to have 28 housing inspectors and now we have two. It shows (realize this is the biggest understatement ever declared).

Residents do have to realize times have changed and they have to pitch in more. This is rather weak reasoning but you do have to step up to the plate since the city is not doing it no matter how much you beg and plead.

Same old complaints + same old answers = ANGER & FRUSTRATION
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Rushblvd

What was the problem?
What are they frustrated with, and what do they feel should be done about it??

jay

Those attending were totally frustrated with conditions in their block watch area.

:'(

jay

SNOOPS Block Watch Meeting

Thursday, November 12
7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

- Location -
Fairview Performing Arts and Outreach Center
4220 Youngstown-Poland Road
(between Brownlee and Medford)
Youngstown, Ohio

Please bring donations for the annual Turkey Baskets