News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Raising Chickens In Youngstown

Started by jay, September 11, 2009, 07:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty river

The neighbors behind my house on the west side had half a dozen chickens in their backyard one summer. I'm not sure whether or not city ordinance prohibits this. As far as I could tell, the owner was good about cleaning up after them (our backyard did not smell like a farm) and they made very little noise at all.

northside lurker

We learned last night that the city is going to overhaul its zoning ordinances.  If one isn't already there, maybe they can add an agricultural use.

-edit to add-
I would object to chickens being raised in my neighborhood.  But there are plenty of areas, expecially on the east side, that are more rural in nature.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

A petition drive is underway asking that zoning rules be changed to allow chickens and other farm animals in the city of Youngstown.

Questions
Should farm animals be allowed in certain areas of the city?

What animals would be acceptable?

Would you object if chickens were raised in your neighborhood?