News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Any Bluebirds?

Started by jay, June 23, 2022, 05:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Wednesday, July 20

Sad news!  Last night a raccoon climbed to the nest box location and pulled the eggs/baby birds out through the nest box hole.  The raccoon may have killed the female bluebird too.

jay

Update, July 5

I was able to look into the nest box today.  There are at least four blue eggs inside.

jay

Update - June 25

This morning I watched the female bluebird at a feeder and then she flew immediately into the nest box. 

jay

I have a homemade nest box in my garden.  I saew a female bluebird go into it this morning and not come out right away.  She may be sitting on eggs.
If the eggs hatch, I should see a flurry of activity as the adult bluebirds bring food to the little ones.  I'll let you know more in a few days.

joly1584

We have had some bluebirds this year which is we don't usually see.  We are near Volney Rogers school.

Why?Town

I'm a little farther west than the west side but I have seen none so far.

Come to think of if, I don't think I've seen more than a random couple per year over the 20 some yrs I've lived here.

Cardinals, on the other hand must be multiplying like rabbits.

jay

Does anyone on the west side have bluebirds in their neighborhood?