News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Orange Colored Bus

Started by jay, July 16, 2009, 05:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on January 21, 2010, 10:44:57 AM
They need to wash the windows.. :laugh:
and keep your commie neighbor from riding them too :)

AllanY2525

On a related topic (monetizing WRTA buses with advertising), WRTA
should consider putting some LCD Video Panels in their busses, running
sponsored content, ie: advertising, on these video devices.

It would be a great way for the WRTA to generate additional revenue streams
that are not dependent upon ridership.

jay

That's what the view is like through the small holes in the vinyl covering.

Rushblvd

They need to wash the windows.. :laugh:

jay

I finally was able to ride in one of those wrapped buses.  This is a view out the window.

jay

This is the Roadrunner bus.

our2cents

I just saw the orange bus with it's Roadrunner on the side.  I'm glad to see WRTA finally doing what every other city has been doing for years.

Towntalk

If memory serves me right, WRTA in the past used this method on its buses.

If I'm not mistaken WHOT was one of the businesses.

Westsider is absolutelt right. These ads do not obstruct vision from the inside. I don't understand the technology that allows this but it does work.

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Elmo-Ytown

What advertisements are on them?

northside lurker

That's a vinyl wrap.  I haven't been on an orange bus yet, (there will be a total of 4, I heard the driver say this morning) but I have been on a wrapped bus in the past.  You can still see out of the windows.  The driver also said it saves energy because it's easier to keep them cool inside.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Has anyone seen the orange colored WRTA bus?  Advertising is painted over the entire bus including the window areas.  It looks like a big billboard traveling on the streets of Youngstown.