News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Neighborhood Fireworks Time

Started by jay, June 27, 2009, 10:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

this is the reward, good nieghbors receive when landlords are renters to section 8, ghetto and white trash and trailor trash clients.

northside lurker

Our neighborhood has been pretty quiet so far this year.  There has been a little, but I wouldn't consider it excessive yet.

I'm really shocked to read about the gunfire.  I didn't realize that it was so common for many of you. (I guess I thought it was a negative stereotype.)   I have heard gunfire, unfortunately.  But I can count the number of incidents on one hand since I've moved here 7 years ago. (and none were very close)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

connie254

I don't miss the constant noise between the gunfire and fireworks and barking dogs from living on the South Side. I stopped calling about gunfire, just wasn't worth it when you don't know where it is coming from and by the time you talk to someone and the police arrive, the shooters are long gone. On July 3 two years ago, someone in our neighborhood lit off some fireworks and it hit the electric wire and shorted out the whole neighborhood. We waited 4 hours for someone to come from Ohio Ed and fix it. I could hardly sleep at night due to the noise.
When I moved there it was a nice neighborhood but went downhill quickly. 
I still some barking dogs but they're barking at the deer and other animals coming from Mill Creek Park. And we get a free fireworks show from our front porch from Tippecanoe Country Club that's professionally done and done at a decent time. The neighbors around the corner shoot off some but again at a decent time. I know some people in our neighborhood would call BPD if anything got out of line.
I'm just enjoying the quietness of it.

iwasthere

i too live on the southside and i here gunshots everynite and i call 911 to report the gunfire. the whitetrash and ghetto people that shot at each deserve each other and when one is hurt or killed i breath a sigh of relief knowing that there is one less idiot on this side of town causing trouble to lawabiding ytown citizens. so enjoy the weeks that lead up to the fourth of july with those beautiful illuminations because one day we will see them from another view which i rather see standing up or sitting down with family and friends and strangers.

ForumManager

Quote from: iwasthere on June 29, 2009, 11:32:13 AM
what would our forefathers say about all the complaining about fireworks going off in the neighborhoods to celebrate their endeavors for freedom in our country?

In our forefathers time, ammunition was precious and it was, afterall war time. Citizens couldn't go to the nearest 7-11 and buy firecrackers.  Constant noise for many weeks would have probably spooked the horses, caused stress to the livestock and poultry, possibly resulting in less eggs and milk...not to mention scaring families needlessly who already lived in a war zone.

John Adams wrote to his wife Abigail regarding the declaration

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_(United_States)

For  the past 2 years gunfire at night  has woken our family fairly often. So I could live without that particular sound. I feel that fireworks for 3 weeks prior and following  takes something away from the holiday.  If they are  limited to the holiday weekend or simply to the Fourth it would have a more celebratory effect, at least for me.

iwasthere

a customer signs a form before the consumer buys any fireworks saying he/she will bring them out of the state of oh to a state that permits ind(s) to shoot them off themself or they will hire a person that is sanctioned by the state of oh to shoot off the bought fireworks. hmmmmmmm this could be another job that can be created that pays union wages and benefits, food for thought.

jay

We started out talking about all the noise made buy neighborhood fireworks. [legal loophole - you can buy them here but must not shoot them off here] Another argument for another day

BJ's Sparklers were made in Youngstown, don't make noise, and are legal as far as I know.
www.diamondsparkler.com

The company has the capacity to produce 800,000 sparklers a day.  Buying this brand of sparklers would do much more to create and maintain jobs in the city of Youngstown.

jay

All of these fireworks are made in CHINA.

Don't buy them.

iwasthere

what would our forefathers say about all the complaining about fireworks going off in the neighborhoods to celebrate their endeavors for freedom in our country?

Elmo-Ytown

It always sounds like a war zone around here, lol. They'll run out . . . in another couple weeks . . ish

jay

The neighborhood crazy people are shooting off fireworks already.  It's after 10:00 p.m. and it sounds like a war zone outside.