News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Annual Partial Paving Program Underway

Started by Rick Rowlands, June 16, 2009, 09:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Well,

They are COMPLETELY repaving Wirt Street, and MOST of Belmont Avenue, right
up to Gypsy Lane.  I also saw several streets on the South Side getting paved  Princeton, for one.

Given the city's shrinking budget and the immense loss of tax revenues, we should
be glad that the city is able to pave ANY streets.  They paved Bryson Street from
Madison to Woodbine two summers ago, and left the SAME old, busted up  sidewalks
and curbs when they were done.  I asked the street department workers
why they don't replace the curbs when they repave a street, and he said that
the city can't afford the extra cost of excavating the old curbing, and setting up
the molds, pouring the concrete, etc.

When my house on Woodbine Avenue is finished (which will be
pretty soon) we are gonna pour all new sidewalks and a new driveway apron
ourselves.  I DARE the city to complain about it when we do...as I will be doing
them a favor in paying for the excavation and replacement of the concrete.

Sad, indeed.....

Rick Rowlands

I've started to notice that the asphalt grinders have been out doing their annual dance from cluster of potholes to cluster of potholes.  I think all we get this year on the east side is about 500 feet of one lane of Albert Street paved.  No relief on the section on Hubbard Road at the city limits though.

Any reports on what sections of city roads the partial pavers will grace with asphalt this year?