News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

John, another idea

Started by Towntalk, June 16, 2009, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Sounds like a bad idea to me.  There are enough government employees meddling with our lives as it is, we don't need more.  Especially not under the pretense of raising revenue.  Nothing raises my ire more than BS laws designed solely for making money for government. 

Its important to remember that citizens do not exist merely as a rich vein of money running through your town, and you as an elected official are not a miner trying to find new and innovative ways of mining that vein of cash.   We will pay a fair tax to provide the services we need, but don't stoop to the level of conveniently enforcing obscure laws just to make a buck, or installing traffic cameras, or any of the other sleazy underhanded tricks that local governments want to do these days.   

john r. swierz

Sounds good, however I brought that up years ago and none of the workers(unions) came forward to do another employees job

Towntalk

John:

With Youngstown being strapped for money, here might be a way to raise some.

City memo has allowed workers with the city of Toledo's Division of Streets, Bridges and Harbor to issue parking citations to citizens.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/wupw_Residents_upset_over_parking_violations_061509

Mayor Finkbeiner said residents who were ticketed in fact broke the law for parking on a part of a drive that was not paved. He stood by Frederick, who wrote the violations.
"I will not second guess her because more times then not she's right and the citizens that are criticizing her are not right."