News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Court Knocks Down Residency Requirement

Started by jay, June 12, 2009, 08:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

my neighbor rick spoltson who is a ypd police officier has two residencies one in poland, oh the other euclid blvd. ytn. he spent his nights in ytn during his off time with his family in poland. iwasthere did call the city hall on him several times but he slept at the ytn residence no action could be taken at that time. the next day after the decision came down from the st suprem ct there was a dumpster in his driveway for debris that came from his home. he took a police car home every night to his ytn residency, can he take this police car home to poland, oh every nite on the city's residence taxpayers' back? city workers that uses the school system as the reason why they move out of the city is a rederring to this decision because spoltson sends his children to cardinal mooney in ytown where is located in gang territory while poland school has a safe and excellent education program. he is not the only one that sends his children to private schools as excuse to the poor ytn school's academic achievements.

jay

I don't know of any Youngstown policemen or firemen living in my neighborhood.

Are any living in your neighborhood?

Towntalk

Good point Mary.

The police wonder why people don't trust them more, and your point shows why.

Mary_Krupa

If these people really live outside of Youngstown, how sad.  They are in leadership positions and should live in Youngstown. Because of that, I would always question their loyalties.

A 7th Ward Coalition member and I met a Youngstown cop about two months ago. We started talking to him and everything seemed fine. Then the conversation went south. He could not say one good thing about Youngstown and conveyed to us how much he hated Youngstown. I could not get over the extent of his hatred. I think about him often and how much he despises the city that pays him. He couldn't wait for the appeal ruling. Looks like he definitely will be moving out. I hope he quits the force. We don't need vicious cops.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

iwasthere

jay they already have but they use an apt as facade residency address. kyle misek has a facade resident but his home is in canfield, oh close to his in-laws. bozonich is living in boardman, eric ryan the convocation manager lives in struthers while he is on the city's payroll. these individuals are overlooked by williams because they are his appointees/friends. this is a true meaning of nepotism.

jay

The Ohio Supreme Court recently ruled against city residency requirements.

Do you feel current Youngstown city employees will start to leave the city?