News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Liquor Licenses Not Renewed - Youngstown Residents Rejoice

Started by jay, April 23, 2009, 06:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john r. swierz

Iwasthere, while I truly agree that the citizens came forth and made a difference, it must be noted that I passed a resolution in December objecting to the renewals. That right falls within duties of council
members.  If I do not object, there is no hearing.  So lets say it was a team effort and we all did our part.

iwasthere

this victory was due to group of citizens that refused to allow thugs to ruin their neighborhoods. i was at the liquor renewal meetings for these two stores, the citizens gave excellent testimonies then officier knight. officier knight was ill informed and clueless about the rap sheet that alli's owner had against him. the saving grace on the city's end was a rico charge against Alli that cemented the deal against the liquor license. neighbors participation will secured the quality issues in their neighborhoods then the administration, council and the law.

jay

I received word today that the liquor licenses for two south side locations have not been renewed.  One business was located on Powersway and the other on South Avenue.  Many south side residents objected to the renewal because of continuing neighborhood problems associated with the businesses.