News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

PETA Protest On South Avenue Today

Started by jay, March 31, 2009, 10:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty river

That's not what the paper said Rick. It said that they were protesting the brutal treatment of chickens by the SUPPLIERS that KFC uses. But thanks for pointing out that KFC doesn't actually slaughter chickens on site.

Rick Rowlands

I read about this in the paper.  They were protesting the brutal treatment of chickens by KFC. I always thought that by the time KFC got the chickens they were already dead.   

PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals.  I think I'll go order up a bucket of brutally tasty chicken tonight!

rusty river

Yeah! Shame on them for exercising their first amendment right! The nerve of these tax payers, walking around on public spaces like their money helped fund it or something...

It's almost as ridiculous as the NRA.

Stupid Constitution...

ytowner

jay

I've been told that two YPD cars were at the scene to keep things in order. 

The media probably covered the event.  Watch the local TV news tonight.

john r. swierz

Jay,
At 1P.M. this afternoon I was at a meeting with the mayor,other councilmembers and the reps of the unions. it lasted until after 1:30. Is the protest on again tomorrow.?

jay

The South Avenue KFC in Youngstown will be the site of a PETA protest today, Tuesday, March 31, noon to 1:00 p.m.

I believe this location is in the seventh ward.  The councilmember should check to see if there are any obstructions to traffic on the roadway or sidewalks.