News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Patronizing South Avenue

Started by jay, March 12, 2009, 06:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

From what I understand yes it has been going on for a while however with the very cold weather the activity had subsided somewhat. When it started to warm up its increasing again. Just like most crime in Y-town.

rusty river

Quote from: john r. swierz on March 13, 2009, 03:39:44 PM

It's been more then a couple of weeks! Most of the problems are surrounding the parking lot of Allys Food Mart on the corner of South and Avondale.  Juveniles hang out there and the owner won't make them leave his premises. On Monday a hearing on the renewal permit for liquor  to be sold at Allys will take place.  I am requesting that their permit not be renewed.

I was mugged by a group of kids just down the street from that food mart almost four years ago. I still drive around with a bullet hole in the back of my car...

john r. swierz

It's been more then a couple of weeks! Most of the problems are surrounding the parking lot of Allys Food Mart on the corner of South and Avondale.  Juveniles hang out there and the owner won't make them leave his premises. On Monday a hearing on the renewal permit for liquor  to be sold at Allys will take place.  I am requesting that their permit not be renewed.

Mary

Please be careful around south ave. There have been reports of kids throwing rocks at cars over the last couple weeks.

john r. swierz

Jay,
    Let me know when and where and I will be there!

iwasthere

Jay, how can one be part of this group to support the local ecomony in ytown?

jay

Like many areas, the South Avenue business district has fallen on hard times.  The neighborhood conditions and recession have made it worse. 

A small group of south side citizens have decided to do their part to help.  Later this month they will meet for dinner at one of the restaurants on South Avenue to discuss ways to increase the business activity.  One program already discussed is the expansion of this year's South Avenue Shuffle.