News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Christmas Gifts From Youngstown

Started by jay, November 29, 2008, 05:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

There is still time to purchase a gift from Youngstown.

iwasthere

just when i think we have frds up north but now those canadians are trying to put out of business my frd ken blair from selling beer. what's next chinese beer? :o

Lynds

Touch the Moon Candy Saloon makes Holiday Baskets with old time candy, Geo's music has a great selection of local musicians, Steeltown Studios will be open today at 5pm and tomorrow at 12 noon with some great Youngstown gifts, Silvers Vogue, the Lemon Grove has great local Art, also Fellows Riverside Garden and the Butler and don't forget the YSU Bookstore for great Youngstown gifts...if you want to go with beer, the Boxcar Lounge just reopened and is being managed by Ken Blair, the man behind Rustbelt Brewery, you can stop there for a beverage and pick or a sixpack of Red Ale, Blonde Ale or Stout.

I think every restaurant also has gift certificates.

woozle

KennyJoe I'm gonna drink a Two Four, just for my Canadian friends.... ???

woozle

Quote from: kenneyjoe330 on December 10, 2009, 06:42:06 PM
OH MY GOOD NESS
Those two youtube things were CANADIAN ! ! !

C A N A D I A N   I tell you   C A N A D I A N

jay  youre in trouble now woozle

Eh?? Take off you Hoser...  ;D

kenneyjoe330

OH MY GOOD NESS
Those two youtube things were CANADIAN ! ! !

C A N A D I A N   I tell you   C A N A D I A N

jay  youre in trouble now woozle

iwasthere

In the past beer did not have the negative stigma that it now has.  Remember water was largely unfit for drinking in many places, and beer was safer to drink. 

SOME OF MY GOOD FRDS ON THIS BOARD HAS A DEDICATED TASTE TO BEER, RR SHOULD I STAY AWAY FROM THEM AND FIND NEW FRDS? :D

Rick Rowlands

In the past beer did not have the negative stigma that it now has.  Remember water was largely unfit for drinking in many places, and beer was safer to drink. 

woozle

Quote from: Shar on December 08, 2009, 02:22:36 PM
The Youngstown Club sells their cheese and roasted peanuts at Christmas.  They also have gift baskets.  They will ship anywhere in the country.  I am going to attempt to put their link here.

http://www.theyoungstownclub.com/store.html

I'll buy a basket from The Youngston Club, And drink a bottle of wine for Jesus...

iwasthere

And Jay, with all due rspect, do you think that Jesus would appreciate a 6 pack of beer as a birthday present?

rr i think jesus would enjoy a swig of beer esp when he was preaching in the hot desert with his twelve single swinging buddies.

Shar

The Youngstown Club sells their cheese and roasted peanuts at Christmas.  They also have gift baskets.  They will ship anywhere in the country.  I am going to attempt to put their link here.

http://www.theyoungstownclub.com/store.html

Rushblvd

Put me on your christmas gift list for the 12-pack..I promise I will enjoy it.. ::)

Youngstownshrimp

Guys, don't mind "Polluted Waters" here, he is in misery and is looking for comfort, this is his whole life, incognito.

Why?Town

The way I see it, the reason for a gift is mainly to lift the recipient's spirits and in turn your own (hopefully yours to a lesser degree, otherwise the gift giving becomes about you instead of them).

What do you give the 84 year old guy in generally good health that has everything he needs because his daughter (my mom) made sure he's in need of nothing?

What do you give the 93 year old guy in reasonably good health in assisted living?

You give him a chuckle every time he sees the wrapped 12 pack present being carried into the room like a 12 pack, because he doesn't quite remember that's how they've been comming for quite some time.

And you give him another chuckle when he puts his ear close to the box and gives a little shake and hears the bottles rattle. Every time.

But mainly, you give him something he enjoys while he's sitting in a sunny window and listening to polkas on his cassette player.

Beer a thoughtless gift?

I THINK NOT!

As for Uncle Joe and Aunt Sue, If they've made it into their golden years and are still reasonably healthy (doubtful, I know)  and have decent clothes and living arraingements, I say give them what what they enjoy