News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NATURAL GAS AGGREGATION PROGRAM Youngstown

Started by Glenna, November 03, 2008, 11:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Yes I know.  Amazing how their political extremism outweighs good financial judgement.

Youngstownshrimp

$8 for ng. Fraking reduced it by half and the antifrackers want to ban it. No wonder why america is dumbing down.

our2cents

They're covering their butt with that answer.  I've switched several times over the last few years and it usually takes 1 billing cycle from the time the request is put in.  If you're in the middle of one now, then your new rate goes into effect at the beginning of the next cycle, therefore the following bill (depending how close it is). 

For example (and what was confirmed to us) our cycle ends next wednesday, so our new rate could show on December's cycle on the 12th's bill, but if the rate change isn't through in time (before 11/12), then it will not show until the January bill for December's usage instead of November's usage.

ForumManager

I called Dominion to ask about our budget being adjusted.  The rep said that it will take 30 to 60 days to change our service over after they hear from the new provider  and that the new rate may not take effect until February's billing. According to her,   it will definitely not begin in December as IGS indicated.  What should I bet that my  cancellation fee will appear on the next bill though.  LOL!

She did say that they will assess the budget amount monthly and will adjust accordingly.

our2cents

Bummer on the cancal fee you have.  Integrys (who we have now) does not have a cancel fee on our plan.

EOG will still handle all billing, delivery and service to lines.  The supplier only provides the gas.

ForumManager

Painless to sign up.
I stayed on the line and it was only a minute wait.

It is well worth the $50 cancellation fee East Ohio will charge.
The representative said East Ohio would still be handling the billing.
I wonder if I will need to go around and around with them about lowering my budget amount. 

our2cents

I called and requested an automatic call back.  15 minutes later, I talked to a rep, confirmed 8.99 with no cancel fees if we change later.  Fixed price for 1 year.

Glenna

I guess it is about time

http://www.cityofyoungstownoh.org/

CITY OF YOUNGSTOWN
MAYOR JAY WILLIAMS
CITY OF YOUNGSTOWN ANNOUNCES
LOW FIXED RATE FOR NATURAL GAS AGGREGATION PROGRAM
Youngstown, Ohio (November 3, 2008) – Mayor Jay Williams and City of Youngstown officials are pleased to announce that they have established a fixed rate for natural gas for members wishing to join the City's new gas endorsement program. Residents wishing to enroll in the City's program will enjoy a fixed rate of $8.99 per Mcf for all gas consumed through their Dominion East Ohio Gas November, 2009 billing period. IGS Energy is the City's endorsed supplier.
Jay Williams, Mayor said, "We are pleased to offer this program to our residents as another option in their attempts to manage increasing energy costs. The $8.99/Mcf rate for our residents compares very favorably to what residents can obtain on their own at this time. To our knowledge, it is also the lowest rate of any similar community-program in the area". The mayor went on to say. "We wanted to do something for our residents this year, so we made this offer available. Next year we'll consider pursuing an "opt-out" natural gas program where even more residents will participate and benefit."
Residents are reminded that this program makes no guarantee of savings and it is completely voluntary. Residents should expect to receive a notice in the mail from IGS Energy in a few days. The notice will explain the rate, terms and conditions, and various means of enrolling in the City's natural gas program. Enrolling by mail or through the internet will be faster and easier for residents than enrolling by phone.
Any resident or small business that is currently served by another supplier may join the City's program by calling IGS Energy at 1-800-280-4474. Current IGS Energy customers served under prior contracts are not eligible. If you are served by another supplier you should be aware of the obligations in your existing contract before joining the Youngstown program, as many suppliers charge a penalty for early termination.
The City is pleased to have made this program possible but asks that you do not call the City offices. They are not equipped to handle a large volume of calls. Residents should contact IGS Energy toll free at 1-800-280-4474 if they have any questions.