News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Sarah Who?

Started by jay, August 29, 2008, 11:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I realize the following is  only one person's perspective and the media's spin on that perspective... interesting though...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erik-ose/the-view-from-wasilla---g_b_124255.html

and this - again, media perspective
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94118849

ForumManager

Well in regard to foreign policy...

if she really believes hockey moms are pit bulls with lipstick...  she will attack first, ask questions later.  LOL!

Mary

I have not heard one new thing from this women since the first speech she gave. Now she is staying with McCain longer rather then spliting the county. Why? Is she not ready? At this point she will never survive Biden.

Towntalk

The question is ... how will she hold up in the debate with Biden? It's been suggested that she should be well briefed on one major issue and avoid trying to jump around on four or five issues.

She has plenty of time to be coached by her handlers, and it all comes down to how she uses that time.

Right now on the stump, shes echoing her convention speech, and that isn't going to help her in the long run.

What about foreign policy issues? McCain will be sending her out to meet with foreign leaders. Will she be able to meet with them and discuss critical issues? That has yet to be proven.

I certainly am sure that Biden will be bringing up issues such as that and lets face it, he has much more experience in these matters.

The moderators of the debate are not going to use Republican talking points when grilling her, and because she's being kept away from the press, the questions will be tough indeed.

ForumManager

QuotePalin's speech energized the Conservative Republican base that absolutely LOVE her. We have had a rough time the past few years, and that was the medicine to get us back to where we need to be to win this election.

That's all I wanted to know.

And I did say that I am researching the tax claims not that I believed it one way or the  other and I feel that the top 20% use  so many tax loopholes that they only pay a fraction of their fair share.

ytowner

Quote from: ForumManager on September 05, 2008, 11:35:27 AM
QuoteFABULOUS SPEECH!

In your opinion, what did she say that was so fabulous?

I found the speech to be the same political rhetoric we hear form EVERY runner, Republican and Democrat alike. It didn't seem like her words many times but they all have speech writers so I guess it never is.
She started off by touting McCain.
Then went on to bash Obama.
I have been trying to research the tax hike the Republicans are claiming will happen if the Dems get in. According to what I have found,  your taxes will only be affected if you make over 500k. I don't know if that is true but if it is true, I say tax the he** of those people and give the little guy a break. 
She said only a few sentences about herself and her family and the only personal position  she took was in reference to special ends children.
She concluded by  touting McCain again.
People that live on substantially more than middle class earnings and claim to be  representative of, or advocates for, the middle class need to scrutinized.  I've been researching her right down to her  property records and corporation documents.  There are some things that are not favorable but that is probably  the case if any one of us were to run for office.
To me you are naive to believe that Obama will not raise your taxes. Do the math. $850 million of new spending. He plans to tax the rich, brilliant idea since they run the businesses of this nation, but it's not like they are not taxed enough, the top 20% of Americans pay 80% of our taxes.

So ask me how will this help the economy?
-Raise everyone's taxes. There is no way you can spend $850 million by just raising the riches high taxes, everyone's taxes will be raised.
-Raise business-capital gains-dividends-death taxes... Brilliant for economic development.
-And the GOP attacked Obama for raising everyone's taxes. Not once was that point refuted by the Obama campaign. They attacked McCain for not being specific, when he clearly mentioned his plans for the economy-energy-health care-education.

Palin's speech energized the Conservative Republican base that absolutely LOVE her. We have had a rough time the past few years, and that was the medicine to get us back to where we need to be to win this election.

ForumManager, let me ask you this. In a year when the Republicans are heavily unpopular, a lame duck President with a 30% approval rating, and a well spoken Democratic candidate connecting with Americans; how come this race is tied?!
Here is what some Democrats have told me, and yes they are Hillary voters:
-They will not vote for Obama for his attacks on Clinton.
-They do not want higher taxes when our economy is bad.
-McCain is a Maverick.

Listen, I am not McCainiac! I was not for him until MARCH. I was supporting two other Republicans before I decided to back John McCain. Want to know why I am not a big fan of him: He is a MODERATE. He has angered myself as a Republican a number of times. He is a middle of the aisle guy, not that it's bad, but when it comes to immigration and ANWR, he has angered me in the past. Little did I realize that is the same reason he will be our next President come January 2009!

Towntalk

To be perfectly honest, neither Palin nor McCain in their speeches spelled out exactly what they would do if elected, and this opened the door for the MSM to slam them.

Its not enough to simply slam Obama ... that is a given, how are they different than their Democratic opponent?

We all know McCain's history, yet the whole convention centered around John McCain's story, but little if anything about what he will do if elected.

In past conventions the candidates spelled out their agenda pumping the party platform, so why did they remain silent on it this year?

Again, they knew that the MSM would be watching for specifics, and they failed to give them.

We can go to the Platform and read it, but we also want to hear it from their own lips. We didn't get it. Remember this, it's not enough to play to the delegates ... they must also play to the TV viewers, and particularly those who haven't committed to either candidate.

ForumManager

QuoteFABULOUS SPEECH!

In your opinion, what did she say that was so fabulous?

I found the speech to be the same political rhetoric we hear form EVERY runner, Republican and Democrat alike. It didn't seem like her words many times but they all have speech writers so I guess it never is.
She started off by touting McCain.
Then went on to bash Obama.
I have been trying to research the tax hike the Republicans are claiming will happen if the Dems get in. According to what I have found,  your taxes will only be affected if you make over 500k. I don't know if that is true but if it is true, I say tax the he** of those people and give the little guy a break. 
She said only a few sentences about herself and her family and the only personal position  she took was in reference to special ends children.
She concluded by  touting McCain again.
People that live on substantially more than middle class earnings and claim to be  representative of, or advocates for, the middle class need to scrutinized.  I've been researching her right down to her  property records and corporation documents.  There are some things that are not favorable but that is probably  the case if any one of us were to run for office.

Towntalk

CAUTION: The National Enquirer is doing a John Edwards on Sarah Palin, and its starting to be taken up by some MSM papers.

The Troopergate matter is being hit strong by the MSM.

Lets face it the MSM is out to destroy Palin and her family and won't let up until she drops out,
and even if she does, they'll continue to drive knifes into he back.

ytowner

Towntalk

Wolf Blitzer of all people (CNN) said after she finished that she hit a grand slam out of the park.

Larry Zigler King (CNN) who has gone through no fewer than 7 marrages put her down.

ytowner

Tonight the MSM will be shut up by Palin. I can't wait for her speech

Towntalk

And you would be exactly right Mary.

How could a girl who is now pregnant have given birth to another baby in this time frame?

The person who started this story didn't know just how quickly it would blow up in his face.

I'm reminded of how certain people accused John McCain of fathering a Black baby when it turned out that the girl was in point of fact adopted, and McCain had the paperwork to prove it.

Mud slinging is a part of any political campaign, and that is why I take anything that someone who doesn't have the courage to use his own name passes off something as fact with a grain of salt, and I'm amazed that the MSM would run with it. {Check and double check ... multiple sources ... documentation is what they are taught.} In this case they used an anonymous source. A source unknown to them who they could have gone to interview prior to running with the story.

Mary

Ok i will admit that this whole thing suprised me.
I did not/do not believe any of the crap they were saying about Palin's youngest son. And her oldest daughter should be left alone as should the father of the child. But man does this women realize what her family is in for?

Those no sex ed rules are working great!  :)

Towntalk

I suspect that there are going to be a lot of MSM folks heading off to the local supermarket to stock up on corn starch to sooth the gall based on this latest development/

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/palin.evangelicals/?iref=mpstoryview

Richard Land: "Those who criticize the Palin family don't understand that we don't see babies as a punishment but as a blessing. Barack Obama said that if one of his daughters made a mistake and got pregnant out of wedlock, he wouldn't want her to be punished with a child. Pro-lifers don't see a child as punishment."

James Dobson: "We have always encouraged the parents to love and support their children and always advised the girls to see their pregnancies through, even though there will of course be challenges along the way. That is what the Palins are doing, and they should be commended once again for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances.

"Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord. I've been the beneficiary of that forgiveness and restoration in my own life countless times, as I'm sure the Palins have."

"Fortunately, Bristol is following her mother and father's example of choosing life in the midst of a difficult situation," Family Research Council president Tony Perkins said. "We are committed to praying for Bristol and her husband-to-be and the entire Palin family as they walk through a very private matter in the eyes of the public."