News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Fed up in Youngstown

Started by Towntalk, June 10, 2008, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

[The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of anyone else here.]

Right about now, I am so fed up with the officials in Boardman, Austintown and Canfield that I could spit railroad spikes, and if I were Mayor of Youngstown, I would call a meeting of all of them and tell them that from now on, under no circumstance count on Youngstown for any mutual assistance either Police or fire because they would not get it under any circumstance.

Further I would tell them to their faces to go right ahead and set up their own water districts, but with no co-operation from the city when the time comes for them to apply for grant monies, because they would not get that either.

Mayor Williams has made it clear over and over again that he has absolutely no intention of annexing either of these communities yet their trustees have used scare tactics to try to misinform the residents of these communities.

Another thing that I would tell them that from now on, Youngstown will no longer assist in the economic development of Austintown, Boardman or Canfield when they apply for economic development grants.

In a word, Youngstown would sever all relations with these communities.

I'm not blaming the people of Austintown, Boardman and Canfield, just their elected officials, and those in the media that dance to their tune.

If the trustees want to throw away good money hiring attorneys to protect them from threats that do not exist that's perfectly fine with me. They'll have to answer to the voters of their respective communities every time they have to put a new tax levy on the ballot.