News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Can you affford to be sick?

Started by irishbobcat, May 01, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Can You Afford To Get Sick?

May 1, 2008

If you were injured in a car accident today, would you still have to go to work tomorrow?

That's the case for millions of Americans who have to go to work no matter how hurt or sick they are - or face financial ruin. 47 million Americans are without health care coverage - and the rest are burdened with skyrocketing medical fees.

Worse yet – Columbus State Representatives and State Senators are doing nothing about it.

That's unacceptable.

No one should have to live in fear of getting sick.

As the Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative for the 60th District that is why I support the Health Care for All Ohioans Act.

The single-payer health care system that many of us advocate for Ohio under the Health Care For All Ohioans Act is one in which every resident would have comprehensive medical coverage with the bills paid by a government-administered fund – a sort of Medicare for all. There would be no co-payments, no deductibles and no premiums. There would be no exclusions because of income, job status, pre-existing conditions or any other reason. Delivery of medical services would remain in private hands. Patients would have the right to select their own physicians.

I support the Health Care for All Ohioans Act because I believe our health care should not be bought and sold like a commodity. I believe the vast majority of Americans would say health care should not be left to the marketplace but made available to all as a basic human right. It is the business of civilized society to try to make life fairer, particularly in matters of life and death, and health care is exactly that.

It is no surprise than to see that the Big Three automakers are transferring good paying jobs to Canada because they cannot afford the astronomical costs of health care in this country ($1500 per car and truck, according to GM). And by the way, the Big Three supports the Canadian single-payer system, as do Canadian unions.

The bottom line is until we elect an independent candidate to the state house who will not take campaign donations from lobbyists and PACS, unlike current State Representative Bob Hagan who has taken political contributions from Insurance companies like Medical Mutual the healthcare system cannot be fixed. When Bob Hagan takes over 100 campaign donations from Lobbyists and PACS in 2007, whom does Bon Hagan really listen to and vote for?

Dennis Spisak-Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative-60th District

Campaign site: http://votespisak.tripod.com

Visit our links page on health care, education, and progressive jobs programs