News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Raise Money For The City - Hold A Weekly 50/50 Raffle

Started by jay, April 18, 2008, 08:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

If I could work my will, the first thing I would do would be to reduce the number of City Councilmen from 7 to 5. It makes no sense to have so many in today's environment.

Here's how I would set it up:

a. One Councilman for each side of town
b. A Councilman at large.

In place of Council aides, there would be a person in the Council Clerks office who would take calls and messages for Council members.

He or she would then relay the messages to Council members via a Cell Phone that would be assigned to them for OFFICIAL BUSINESS ONLY.

jay

I would be willing to buy a weekly raffle ticket and would also help to sell them.

What other ideas would you (the Forum members) suggest to increase revenue for the city?
(and/or)
Which city services would you eliminate?

ytowner

Sounds fabulous!
Let's have city councilman go door to door and ask city residents to buy 50/50 tickets.

O wait, then they will be out on the streets all day and nothing will be done to fix the real problems in this city. Hell they may even be shot at on the South Side....

Almost was a good idea!

jay

A public drawing could add some excitement to the weekly downtown party on the plaza events.

jay

It is said that people in this city like to play games of chance.  Maybe someone should organize a weekly 50/50 raffle to benefit the city budget.  If the raffle could raise $50,000 per week, the net benefit to the city would be over $2.5 million dollars per year.

Would you be willing to participate in a city of Youngstown 50/50 raffle?