News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Three Homicides Over The Weekend

Started by jay, November 19, 2007, 05:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Let's hope that it now  it "USED TO BE" the house at 145 Thornton......still sorry that anyone
had to come to harm over the whole incident.  If the house was torched, it should go to the
very top of the demolition list - and have its lot graded over and some greenspace planted
there, ASAP.

Towntalk

AllanY2525

Last summer, two guys broke into the house next to my property on Woodbinem and stole/stripped things
from that house.  The Y.P.D. caught up with them on Thornton, and told me later that their house was a
known "crack house".  It was the second or third house on the right, going down from Elm Street towards
Wick on Thornton.

I wonder if this is the same house that was involved in the murder/arson?  If so, the crimes are most likely
drug related - and if this IS the case (if all of the hypothetical stuff above is true) then I am glad to have
one more drug house shut down forever on the North Side.

I personally would not wish harm on anyone, but [maybe] they brought it on themselves?

:/

Towntalk

UPDATE

According to WKBN Radio at 10:00 AM the house on Thornton that burned last night was the house where one of the murders took place. The fire was declaired to be arson.

Towntalk

To add to the mystery of one of the killings, according to the paper, the dead man in the Thornton case had earlier attempted to rob the grocery store at Elm and Thornton with two other guys (note "attempted"). Last night there was a house fire on Thornton just behind that store. I wonder if there was a connection.

http://www.vindy.com/content/local_regional/312204943042795.php   

jay

These homicides occurred on S. Truesdale, McGuffey and Thornton.
There have been 33 homicides in Youngstown in 2007.
The total for 2006 was 32.

jay

Over the weekend, three homicides took place in the city.