News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Political Consulting Notes to the Youngstown City Schools Levy Committee on 8/07

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, November 02, 2007, 12:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Always remember that there are Two distinctions in politics...and they are separate and important to good government...this is not my personal wish, this is just the way it is; The first distinction is getting Elected and the other is Governance. 

The process of getting elected in America is ruled by the nature of the business of Electioneering and nothing else.  If you can't get yourself elected then all of the great ideas and passions are wastes of time.

Once elected the knowledge of Governance is an academic endeavor and the elected official must pursue this knowledge or hire people with these academic credentials.

I could go on and on in more detail but I do have some academic course work to complete.     

Towntalk

So what you're saying is that the tax payers don't count for anything. They are too stupid to know how they should spend their money.

And you want to be County Comissioner?

I for one have saved your post, and you can bet your last dollar that it will be sent to the media, that is guarinteed.

The School Board IS ACCOUNTABLE to the tax payers of Youngstown, and accountable they will be whether you like it or not.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Political Consulting Notes to the Youngstown City Schools Levy Committee on 8/31/07

On or about the date below I met with the members of the Youngstown City Schools Levy committee as a Political Consultant in an "In Kind Services" capacity [that means my services Free of Charge]...The following are my notes and suggestions to that group...after the Election I will critique my notes and their campaign actions.

Until that time...Let's hear your suggestions on the Political Campaign of the YCS Levy Issue.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
08/31/07

General Notes:

1. Work from a Clean Slate; Ignore Public Opinion and Negative Comments [Think of the voter as having No Opinion about the Levy – You will create what You want the Voters to think about the Levy]
Time remaining before Election Day [start at 08/31/07]

2. Slogan not message; Our Kids are Important Too!

3. No more statements to the Media [No more Press Releases]

4. Create an outward appearance of doing nothing to promote the levy [Lure the Opposition to sleep; Make the Levy Issue un-newsworthy]  

5. Consider No TV Ads, Newspaper Ads or Radio Ads; Consider 8 Direct Mail cycles to Election Day "Targeted Only"
PSA's by the City School System [Non Political]...i.e. The First Day of School, School Computer Center and Sports Teams

6. Voter Registration Plan [Target Parents with Literature & Magnets "I Love Youngstown City Schools"] [Locate near schools and neighborhoods within 1 mile] [Dead Line 10/09/07] [11/06/07 Absentee Ballots to the BOE]

7. Volunteer Transportation & Meals-"Higher Budgeted"  

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I.  The Context of the Election [Open Discussion on the Levy's past election history] [Who or What else is on the ballot] [Ideas of projected Voter Turn Out] [Present Public Opinion]

II. The Strategy to Win  " [Create Voter/Parent Emotion for the Inner City Voters Only] [Determine How many votes it will take to Win] [Create Brand; "Yes to Schools" Ballot #] a. The Message Creation What to tell the Voter [list Who opposes the Levy]  [list Voter Issues] [list Levy/School System Strong points]...

III.  The Tactics to complete the Strategy [Target Early Voters] [Volunteer Workers] [Telephone Bank Workers] [literature Drop Workers] [Consider 8 mailing cycles to Election Day] [Email Mental Blast]

IV. GOTV Plan [Voter Transportation Plan] [Volunteer Meals] [Volunteer Transportation]

Strategy – How you position yourself and allocate your resources to maximize your strengths and weaknesses (figuring out how you're going to win
Tactic - A tool used to implement strategy and the steps to develop the strategy and execute it (i.e. yard signs)

[/list][/list][/list]