News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Murder near Glenwood

Started by jay, November 03, 2006, 06:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

Maybe city hall should stop fighting Mahoning County and start paying for 95 and more spaces in the county jail. 

With more than 700 hundred juveniles on probation from the south side and who knows how many from the other sides, it goes to reason that more jail space is required for both juveniles and adults.

The police can't be everywhere at all times but the criminals can't be arrested and immediately let go because there's no room in jail.  The criminals get more brazen knowing that nothing will happen to them until they kill each other.  Hopefully no innocent bystander gets in the middle of the crossfire.  There won't be a huge outcry until something really bad happens.

Oldmill

I used to live on canfied road near bears den , this crap was happening 10 years ago, thats why I left .  That was then and this is now . Now the criminals own Youngstown.  And I am a free man because now where I live I don't have to carry a gun and be paranoid

our2cents

Quote from: Towntalk on November 03, 2006, 09:45:57 PM
Shame on all of us who live in Youngstown for not demanding that our city officials do more than talk, and simply hide behind posts on this board. We should be down at City Hall in mass demanding action.  >:(

http://www.vindy.com/content/local_regional/294554297011601.php

Police spokesman Sgt. Rick Alli said the preliminary investigation shows that "this was not a random act; the attack on this victim was intentional and precise."

The victim was traveling on West Earle Avenue when the shooters, traveling on Glenwood, spotted him, stopped their vehicle, got out and opened fire, Alli said Friday afternoon.

Sure seems this is not a problem city hall could have prevented.  It's impossible to have an officer on every corner or someone watching what everyone in the city is doing every minute.  If these same people had seen each other in another community and wanted to take care of their business, nothing would have prevented it there either.

jay

With all of those bullets flying, we are lucky people in the neighborhood weren't also shot.  The news reported that the police found about 30 shell casings at the crime scene.

Towntalk

There are two posts that Support the recent report about Youngstown being dangerous. Given these reports how can we blame folks who fear coming into the city? :'( Shame on all of us who live in Youngstown for not demanding that our city officials do more than talk, and simply hide behind posts on this board. We should be down at City Hall in mass demanding action.  >:(

jay

A man in a pickup truck was murdered by gunfire late this morning on Glenwood Avenue.  According to the news report, four men opened fire on the truck.  At least one of the weapons was an assault rifle. 

The city has had four homicides this week.
Is this 27th homicide of the year?