News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hot Words Fly In City Council

Started by Towntalk, March 18, 2015, 11:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD

Meeting is Monday at 4:30
Also 5 members support this program
Gillam and Tarpley held it up in committee

jay

The grass cutting topic is to be reviewed at a Tuesday meeting of the City Council Finance Committee next Tuesday.  I suggest that all interested Forum members attend this meeting to show support for Councilman Ray and the YNDC.

AllanY2525

As expected,  the two council persons that tried to play the race card by
slinging accusations and YNDC have been rebuked - with physical facts.

Are they so stupid that they don't realize they look like a couple of
clueless IDIOTS when running their mouths before they even bother
to gather some actual FACTS to back them up?

No organization is without flaws, but from everything I've read the YNDC
is truly trying to make a difference all over the city.  It kinda feels good to
see their accusers at the receiving end of a well-deserved smack-down in
the Vindy.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/mar/19/yndc-produces-documents-countering-gillam-tarpleys/?nw

Towntalk

If you follow the national news, "racism" ranks at the top of news topics both in the press and electronic news media, and some are even suggesting that by 2040 that America's White population will be in the minority, yet all the laws that have been written over the years, and all the court decisions that established Affirmative Action and Civil Right will not be applied to them, and Whites will be rendered third class citizens.

AllanY2525

Quote from: Towntalk on March 19, 2015, 10:01:56 AM
I'm supprised that Gillam and Tarply aren't screaming "RACISM" against the street Departmant over the pothole situation. Oh yes and against the County as well.

Towntalk, they're gonna have to start referring to "blacktop" as ASS-FAULT (t.i.c.) ....
because "Blacktop" could me mis-construed as RACIST.

lmao

Towntalk

The big March 18 blowup during the Finance Committee meeting video is now up at Youngstown Happenings:
http://www.youngstownhappenings.com/

Towntalk

I'm supprised that Gillam and Tarply aren't screaming "RACISM" against the street Departmant over the pothole situation. Oh yes and against the County as well.

Rick Rowlands

I think these two council members ONLY see race everywhere they go.  If they want to talk race, then lets talk about why it is that the black parts of town are usually the most crime ridden, filthiest and with the highest levels of tax delinquency.  It costs nothing to have some damn pride and get up off your ass, clean up your yard and maybe that vacant lot nextdoor.  But the entitlement mentality has firmly set in, and they sit around waiting on YNDC to come clean up their yards and mow their lawns.   Yes, the only racial component to this is that by and large whites care about their community and blacks apparently do not.

Some wards deserve more attention because there are more people living there, and the people who are there care about it.  Some neighborhoods have already disintegrated and others are on the brink of doing so.  I would say invest more in those marginal neighborhoods and try to save them instead of putting resources into areas that cannot be helped, and areas filled with people who just don't give a damn.

AllanY2525

I love that quote In the article that said "Perception is reality"......spoken like a TRUE
politician.

Meanwhile, in the REAL world......PHYSICAL FACTS are the reality - anything else
is considered an OPINION or, worse yet - SELF SERVING SPIN.  If the two council members
(who, it just so happens, are "black", "african american", or whatever your politically correct
adjective is - insert it here....) want to sling accusations based upon race, it might serve their
cause better to come up with some actual FACTS to support their point of view.....OR SHUT THE
HELL UP AND GET OVER IT.

If these two council members feel their wards are being neglected, why not just LOOK at the
various projects, programs, etc that YNDC has done, WHICH parts of the city were affected,
let the facts speak - THEN argue the merits of the facts.

If you (the plural, hypothetical "You") were a city agency with limited resources trying your
best to make the most impact and serve as many people as possible, would it make sense
to give more weight to projects that are done in areas of the city where they will be the
most visible, and where the greatest portion of the populace live and work?

The citizens of Youngstown will sink or swim TOGETHER.  Race and color will not change
this and it's high time people woke up and recognized this irrefutable fact and try and
get along better with one another.  This includes city council members, the Mayor, etc
ad-nauseum.

Gosh, I just love that word: add-nahhh-zeee-ummm

smdh......

Towntalk

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/mar/19/mayor-council-debate-racial-bias-favorit/

When asked after the meeting about YNDC, Councilman Nate Pinkard, D-3rd, who is black, said he's had a few discussions with agency officials about "getting my fair share. But they do good work."In response to a question about race concerns with the agency, Pinkard said, "I'm not a race-card player. I don't see any race issues." - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/mar/19/mayor-council-debate-racial-bias-favorit/#sthash.QLxbPoX6.dpuf

Towntalk