News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hot Words Fly In City Council

Started by Towntalk, March 18, 2015, 11:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: AllanY2525 on March 27, 2015, 01:48:05 AM
If they keep blowing up at council meetings like this episode, they'll get plenty of
publicity - ALL BAD.

...and I'm *STILL* lmao.....
those two do not care as long as they have their names in the paper good or bad. they are ecstatic :-X

AllanY2525

If they keep blowing up at council meetings like this episode, they'll get plenty of
publicity - ALL BAD.

...and I'm *STILL* lmao.....

Towntalk

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/mar/26/city-yndc-finalize-deal-for-mowing-clean/

Just make sure that 90% of the work is done in the 1st and 6th Wards under the supervision of Gillam and Tarply and the remainder of the wards get what's left over, and be sure that Gillam and Tarply not only get full credit for it, but that the press and TV give them tons of publicity.

iwasthere

Quote from: Nicholas Serra on March 25, 2015, 06:02:45 PM
Beniston made Gillam and Tarpley look like straight up fools. Must be embarrassing to have ignorance countered with facts and proof.
those two clowns would not know if they were being made fools even if they came out of small car.

iwasthere

I ignored those two people due to their classless behavior that I had seen in past yrs. while they governed ytown. anyone can ran for any political seat but it does make a difference when it comes to their knowledge of previous council decisions that affects the daily operations of the city and its populace.

Nicholas Serra

Beniston made Gillam and Tarpley look like straight up fools. Must be embarrassing to have ignorance countered with facts and proof.

AllanY2525

Quote from: stewie on March 23, 2015, 09:53:09 PM
So Tarply said that she got the answers that she needed tonight. Nothing was answered that wasn't answered last week. It's a lame attempt to flex political muscle that doesn't exist with the puppet master wielding the strings behind the scenes.

I love what she said in the Vindy article after the second vote, unanimously approving the
contract with YNDC ......

"this time we're all on the same page"

Now...let me give you the...... TRANSLATION:

"Me and one other council member made a bunch of ignorant, race-baiting statements
about YNDC overlooking our wards because they are mostly black people......we both got
our A$$E$ handed to us - on a silver platter - because we didn't check the facts before
we shot off our mouths - and YNDC rebuked us with indisputable proof that we are both
race-baiting SH#T STARTERS when it comes to city politics....so this time at the council
meeting,  we went ahead and voted for the contract like we should have in the first
place in order to try and save face.....Even though we already know it's a way too late
for that, we'll try anyways because of the self-serving politicians that everyone already
knows we truly are....."

:::::::  END TRANSLATION ::::::

LMAO.....and smdh

Towntalk

Shame on me my friend but I wouldn't know any of the 7th Ward candidates even if I were to stumble over them at high noon on the brightest day in May. I live in a gated community and they can not come knocking on my door. As to campaign materials ... match books, tablets (or at least what passes for tablets); nail files; fans; ballons; pencles or campaign buttons, nothing like any of these things have been received by little old me  :'( . Poor deprived me.  :P 

jay

I would expect council candidates to become familiar with council procedures and the issues of the day.  I've yet to see any of my ward's candidates at any of these council committee meetings.

Watch the video of the meeting on Yo. Happenings and let me know if any of your ward's candidates were there.

Towntalk

If only those who attended every single council meeting and committee meeting were allowed to run for Council, then only those currently on City Council could run, and you would have to revise the City Charter. Let me as you this Jay, just how many Council meetings do you attend? I admit that I don't, but then I have an excuse, but what is yours? The only person I see who seems to regularly attend is our member "iwasthere". You keep hammering at us to attend, ignoring the fact that most of our members have real world day jobs, and can not tell their bosses that they want time off to attend City Council meetings. Others have responsabilities at home that must come first, and are not free to go running around to every event or meeting  that comes along. Still others don't even live in the area, but have a financial interest in the city.

jay

With so many people wanting to run for city council, most of them can't even find the time to attend these city council committee meetings.  It just makes me question if the person would make a good councilman.

stewie

So Tarply said that she got the answers that she needed tonight. Nothing was answered that wasn't answered last week. It's a lame attempt to flex political muscle that doesn't exist with the puppet master wielding the strings behind the scenes.

AllanY2525

Quote from: Towntalk on March 20, 2015, 08:29:26 PM
WKBN-TV ..... the wrong video was knowingly applied to the story of this event......

Shame on them!!!

::::: SPIN  SPIN  SPIN  SPIN  :::::

Towntalk

Dave Sess WKBN-TV Anchor today had to admit that the wrong video was knowingly applied to the story of this event. The video was of grass cutting in Warren, Ohio and not Youngstown. Here is the picture that was wrongfully used.