News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shoes on Sign Pole

Started by jay, August 17, 2006, 06:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Someone told me that the shoes have finally been removed from the pole.

jay

As of September 9, the shoes are still on the pole.

Maybe this is a new art form.  Youngstown could become the only town in the U.S. decorated with shoes.  People might come from near and far to see this attraction.  Does anyone have an extra pair of shoes to contribute? ;D

northside lurker

Quote from: ForumManager on August 17, 2006, 09:29:47 AM
That is a really nice clear picture of the HS tower.
Why do people always do the shoe thing??!!

It IS a nice picture.

I don't know why the shoes in this picture are there.  But I've heard that shoes hanging on a wire in front of a house means that it is a drug house.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

That is a really nice clear picture of the HS tower.
Why do people always do the shoe thing??!!

northside lurker

I don't know how long they've been there, but I never noticed them before.  Now I'll look for them, and post something if they go away.  It looks like a strong wind could bring them down.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

While passing through downtown Youngstown, I noticed a pair of work shoes hanging from the sign pole at the corner of West Federal Street and Hazel.  How long have the shoes been up there?  How long will it take for the shoes to be removed?