News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

20 Federal Place

Started by Towntalk, July 14, 2006, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The construction on the front of the building appears to be finished.

jay

Work on the front of Federal Place is progressing..

Towntalk

According to the Business Journal, once the city has compleated the improvements to 20 Federal Place, they will put it up for sale and expect to get $6.5 Million for it.

More than half of the building is occupied and some 500 people work there.

Why would the city buy the building in the first place ... assume debts ... and spend almost $3 million on improvements.

What I want to know is just what is the total amount of money the city has spent on that building since taking it over.

If I'm not mistaken, the Cafaro Company had tried to buy that building at on point.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on July 19, 2006, 06:49:52 AM
I wonder why they didn't place the arches in front of the original arches. I don't want to be critical, but it would have looked more balanced.
I wondered the same thing, but now I think it's because they align with the entry doors.  I wish they would have put them in front of the original arches because it would have blocked the view of the ugly mechanical louvers.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

I wonder why they didn't place the arches in front of the original arches. I don't want to be critical, but it would have looked more balanced.

jay

This is a closer view of the addition to 20 Federal Place.  Notice that it is made to resemble the architectural feature on the original terra cotta front.  (Look around the top of the tree to the right in the first photo)

Towntalk

Thanks Jay. I'm looking forward to seeing more as work progresses. Downtown Youngstown is really starting to look great. Something long overdo. If the new High Tech building lives up to expectations, we should see some increase in retail businesses coming down.

By the way, is there anything new about the Paramount?

jay

A recent photo of the work taking place.

northside lurker

I'll try to get pictures of changes.  I walk by everyday on the way to work.  But, they'll probably be the same quality as the CHS pictures I posted earlier, because I'd use my phone.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

;D THE CITY WILL BE MAKING SOME MAJOR CHANGES TO THE FRONT OF 20 FEDERAL PLACE. Could someone please keep us posted with photos of the progress. According to the Business Journal the changes will showcase the buildings style. ;D