News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Louie Free at the Circus

Started by Towntalk, April 05, 2013, 01:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

;) :) :-X there is no law against patting one self on thy back.

Towntalk

:)  If I don't pat myself on my back once in a while, no one else will, so I do it just to remind myself just how much I haave acheved over the 73 years of venturing down the road of life.  :)

iwasthere

tt, i am speechless for your humble attitude for us.

Towntalk

By the bye iwasthere, this June 6th, I will have a grand and glorious supprise for everyone here, so please stand by. I won't say right now what it will be, but be prepared to save it to your computer. I might present it in two parts with one on June 5th, and the other on June 6th and while they are about the same event, they are from two different sources, so you will want to save both.

For Billy: You might simply want to save the links and listen to them at your pleasure.

Ain't I just too wonderful for words?  :laugh:

iwasthere

and the far left tenor responds with a harmonized amen, to my bros. and sists.

Towntalk

:)  And the choir with one voice of great cheer sang Amen.  :)  That's what is so great and noble about America, we can disagree but still be friends.  :)

iwasthere

my frd, my frd my opinion on this thread was never intend to change your mind but to share my thoughts. i rather make love then war.lclgala

Towntalk

To each his own my friend ... to each his own ... I'm happy that you are loyal to Louie ... but that doesn't change my views one iota.

iwasthere

i respect louie because he shells out his own money to be heard. the other said talk radio have sponsors;  they must toe the line when it comes to certain issues or they face losing clients. louie does not adhere to this corporate structure. he does have to follow fcc regulations. louie does more then peta and veggie programs, tt. rivers and verb has cut off callers when they do not share the same views when the caller has valid pts. ryan many times hung up on the austintown woman caller when she put ryan and his guest in the corner on the topic of the day. ytown callers had hard hitting questions for jay williams on the dan rivers program were either cut short or called anti-youngstown then hung up on from d.r. louie does not do these tactics as a norm for his radio talk show. i do not judge a person by how many dollars they have in there pockets at the end of the day. how they treat people during their lifetime for being a successful person in all walks of life.

Towntalk

The description of insanity is like the man who keeps pounding his head aginst a brick wall in the hope that it will cure his headache.

I'll give Free credit for sticking with it even though he's shelling out his own cash in the process.

Lets look at the other side of the coin.

Ron Verb broke into broadcasting when he was 14 years old, as a DJ mentered by real pro's at a small station in Canton. His next move was to a larger station in Akron where he became a talk show host, being mentored by one of the best talk jocks to come out of WBBW ... Nick Anthony. He's now been at WKBN for over 20 years.

Mangino beagn at a small station in Pennsylvania and during that stint, was heard by one of the talk jocks at KDKA, a 50,000 watt giant, and soon became a substitute for their regular talkers. WKBN also heard him and soon he had his own show there. Today he has moved to KDKA full time.

These are examples of success.

I know that Louie has his small fan base, and certainly he's able to bring on local politicians, and the Vindicator has been trying to mentor him, but still he's not been able to break through the glass ceiling and land a gig on one of the more powerful stations that would hire himand pay him to do a show on their station.

Admittedly, I'm biased ... that is a given, and quite honestly his main topics ... vegy foods and PETA are a turnoff to me as is his method of dealing with local issues. I want hard hitting probing questions thrown at the politicians like was done by Dan Ryan and Dan Rivers.

Sure they would hang up on callers who were being stupid, but in both cases the politicians both feared them and respected them because they knew that these hosts could either make or break them. That after all is what true journalism is all about.

iwasthere

i totally disagree with you about your meaning of a loser. you based your definition of a loser who has the most money and fanfare at the end of the day in the broadcasting industry esp in talk radio that i do not agree. louie bounces from station to station but he is following his dream in the talk radio industry. a loser is one who throws in the chips, walks away, call it a day and gives up giving voice to the people that normally that does not in today's society,

Towntalk

Very simple.

In the grand scheme of things, the gods of broadcasting have ordained that in order to acheve true greatness, those who would seek the lofty perch in the industry should start at the very bottom and claw their way up to the mountain top to acheve immortal greatness.

Louie Free started at the bottom as was ordained many moons ago when WASN's studio was still in Campbell, and he had the afternood drive time ... that was some twenty years ago or so.

While others were moving up in the industry, Louie kept bouncing from one low power station to another, never able to land a gig at one of the larger, more powerful stations in the market, where they would pay him, and not the reverse.

Broadcasting is the most competitive industry that there is. It's everyone for him or herself, and it's all based on ratings and the amount of revinue that they can generate for the station.

Public Service announcements and station promo's do not count ... it's cash paying sponsors that are the bottom line for any broadcaster, and Louie just has not been able to pull in sponsors.

From the sponsor's point of view two things are important ... the abiliy of the station to reach the largest audience possable, and a 250 watt station simply can not do that. The second is the ability of the personality to generate the largest listener base possable, and again Louie simply has not been able to build a large fan base, even after all the years he's been in broadcasting.

Hence Louie rests at the very bottom of the mountain, and the larger stations would not even consider giving him time on their station.

In the world of radio broadcasting, that makes him a loser.

iwasthere

most of the time louie allows his guests and callers speak freely without interuption nor does he hang up on his callers because he disagrees with him aka rivers and verb. tt you do not like other bloggers call each other names that goes for you too. why would you call louie a loser?

Towntalk

Suggestion for louie: Change your theme song to "Send In The Clowns" and you might gain a few more listeners.

Towntalk

Ol' "louie the hippy free" shows his hatred for circuses. This looser is a pathetic excuse for a talk host which is demonstrated by the fact that no self respecting station will hire him, and he has to buy time on the smallest stations in the valley.

Over the years I've listened to most of the talk jocks that have aired in the Youngstown market, and can say without the least hesitation, that louie does not hold a candle to any of them.

It doesn't come as any great revelation that free hates circuses, but come to think about it, the circus is where he belongs as a foil for Clowns.