News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Block Watch Questions

Started by jay, May 17, 2002, 07:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Krupa

I believe there are 6 but there may be more:

Buckeye Eyes and Ears
Gibson Heights
CPR
Lansingville
SID
Snoop's

Snoop's is hosting its first block picnic this month. We are located in the older section of Brownlee Woods. We also plan to participate in the National Night Out parade and events in August which are a way of uniting block watches and giving them visibility.

Newsletters are good. Judson Citizen's Watch has a very nice one. Also, they had a very nice street fair this year for the first time.

I also think that"lighting up the night" is an excellent idea. Neighbors burn an outside light all night long. Police have been  recommending this for years.

Another important thing is to utilize the City's phone/modem system for informing neighbors via a recorded phone message about meetings and even crimes as they are being committed. We are one of the few cities in the nation to have this excellent system. Ask your councilman to explain all the various uses of this. I am quite excited about this tool.

jay

How many block watch groups are located on the south side of Youngstown?

What is needed to make a block watch group a success?