News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

12-21-2012

Started by Towntalk, December 21, 2012, 10:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Jay, you have just outsmarted a sizable number of our population who, after living in a society in which calendars are replaced on a yearly basis, thought that the end of the Mayan calendar meant the end of the world.

jay

When the Mayan calendar ended, it may have signaled repeat of a previous calendar.

I've heard the restart day will be Saturday, December 22.
:-X

iwasthere

i was not worried about the end of world, today until i took a short trip to the mall on the wrta. i did not know who had anger issues the bus driver or the drivers in cars that were cutting off the bus driver. the snow flurries did not help either.

Towntalk

My favorites ... Pawn Stars ... Cajun Pawn Stars ... American Restoration ... Antiques Archeology but those UFO ... Nostradamus type stuff and the notion that aliens visited our ancestors and taught them is nothing short a pure and absolute putrefying garbage, and the so-called "experts" for these shows should roast in the lowest and hottest region of the underworld being force fed molten lava.

Rick Rowlands

Don't put down my favorite channel and my favorite show, Gold Rush!  :)  The great thing about Gold Rush is that no matter how much I screw something up over the weekend at the museum, I haven't screwed up as much as they have!!

Towntalk

Well here it is, the day itself 12-21-2012 and nothing that was being predicted happened leaving certain cable TV channels looking like the hysteric fools they are, and as with the Y2K scared thousands of gullible fools were fleeced of their hard earned money making the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted."

Because such channels as the History Channel and H2 as well as the Discovery Channel have so much invested in these lunatic shows they certainly will not back off and drop this claptrap, and no doubt they will keep re-running these shows and singing the praises of their so called "experts" long into next year and beyond, and the gullible will keep eating it up, and tossing away their hard earned money on the books, and survivalist equipment.

As to the above mentioned channels, they lost all of their credibility as channels where you can view solid factual entertainment that would befit a network that calls itself  "The History Channel", and the same is true for the Discovery Channel and the National Geographic Channel.

Oh, and so much for those who put so much stock in Nostradamus. What a waste of time and money.