News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Will You Dump The Pump On Thursday, June 21?

Started by jay, June 15, 2012, 06:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i missed my wrta connection for the warren day fun in the sun day, i did alot of walking today

jay

I took the WRTA to Warren today for lunch with a few good friends.

Warren's hanging flower baskets are just beautiful.

jay

I'll be riding the WRTA that day.  I'll be introducing two senior citizens to the WRTA bus system.

Towntalk

What I did was create folders for the various styles of music ... Pop; Movie and Stage; Classical; etc and with the old radio shows ... Comedy; Mystery; Variety etc and then sub folders for the programs ... Jack Benny; Amos and Andy; Burns and Allen etc.

Before you download too many first just download one or two to make sure they will play on your MP3 player, because they won't work on some players for some reason.

Peggy Gurney

That's ok, I have an MP3 player around here somewhere. Just have to dig it out.
Thanks!

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I don't know about iPad, but you might start by downloading to your PC into folders and then copy the whole folders to your iPad. They are all in MP3 foremat.

My music folder take up 3.25GB of space and my old time radio folder takes up 18.9 GB of space.

Peggy Gurney

No I didn't see it, sorry.  I'm still trying to get used to this forum software, as I'm used to vBulletin and XenForo.

OH this is nice. I wonder if I can download to my iPad? 
My Thursday night client would love these as she is very musically inclined.
I will check these out, thank you!

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

It was sent on the 12th in the Youngstown In General board.

"Peggy, in my spare time I've downloaded almost 3000 old time radio programs and almost 900 songs by the greatest superstars in music such as Barry Manilow, Frank Sinatra and the like and thought you might be interested in building your own library. These are all free to download and you don't even need to regester for an account."

Old Time Radio Programs

http://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio

Music Free To Download

http://www.downloads.nl/local/en/mp3.html

Your clients might enjoy listening to some of the OTR programs.

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

A very nobel profession indeed. BTW did you see that message I recently sent you?

Peggy Gurney

I work for Comfort Keepers as an aid and companion to elderly people, most of whom have alzheimers.
I work the 11p - 7a shift 3 nights per week.

I have 2 clients right now, one on Mathews Rd and one in Liberty.

~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Rick Rowlands

Yes ride the WRTA on Thursday and remind yourself why it is that you drive to work everyday!

Peggy Gurney

IF I could get to work any other way, I certainly would.  Bus is not an option since I work 11p - 7a.   >:(
~ Normal is overrated ~