News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Electronics Recycling Drive - Saturday, April 28

Started by jay, April 24, 2012, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

Quote from: Why?Town on April 29, 2012, 09:45:54 AM
So now what happens to my two old computers, 1 monitor, three keyboards and 1 mouse?

and everyone else's stuff too?
the computer store on mahoning ave will take those said items.

Mary_Krupa

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Why?Town

So now what happens to my two old computers, 1 monitor, three keyboards and 1 mouse?

and everyone else's stuff too?

jay

I heard the director of the Youngstown Litter Control and Recycling program on a local radio talk show on Friday.  She stated that her office was receiving about 50 phone calls per day regarding the electronics recycling drive.  She did have some indication that this was going to be a very successful event.

iwasthere

i took the wrta to the electronic drive. i avoided all the mayhem by using mass transit. i did not know they were looking for voluntees. i took the 5pm wrta bus home they were still loading trucks even though the drive was over three hrs ago. it says something about the need for more recyling drives.

Mary_Krupa

I went to volunteer about 11:15 am. When I got to the South Avenue bridge, I had to stop because a line of cars was backed up almost to Hadnutt. I glanced over to the Market Street bridge and saw the same thing.

I bypassed the line and parked on Champion and walked over to the Covelli parking lot. The workers and volunteers there were really working hard. We all got a fantastic aerobic workout and it was exciting to see so many people participating. I worked until 1pm and there still was a line up of cars waiting. I would say the event was a wild success.

Please consider volunteering at the next recycling drive. They can sure use the help and they feed you, too! It made me feel good to participate in this community event.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

jay

This electronics recycling drive is open to all residents of Mahoning County.

jay

Electronics Recycling Drive

Saturday, April 28
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Accepting TVs, VCRs, Computers, Monitors,
Stereos, Cell Phones, Printers, etc
(do not bring monitors or TVs with cracked screens)

- Location -
Convocation Center
East Front Street
Downtown Youngstown