News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"D'Avignon must make way for Planner"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, June 01, 2011, 06:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Over 800 hits on this subject.  Obviously this issue is on many peoples minds.  I was with one of the three board of control members the other night and I gave them my experience and distaste with D'Avignon's office.  Clean house!

Youngstownshrimp

Exactly, Youngstown 2010 was what the community organizers used as their rallying cry.  The cry put Williams in office and D'Avignon rode his coatails.  History will show, nothing ever came of it, just like the rallying cry of our current President.  When it comes time to produce they know not. 
D'Avignon, has no credentials in Planning, is drawing a fat salary from the trough and has a staff that several City workers will tell you create work.  They sit on a Landbank that has been dormant for decades, not knowing what to do with it, I tried to show them and they fought me off, they do not want to be shown.
People of Youngstown, now is the time with the new educated Mayor to demand the waste be eliminated!  Spread the word, tell your block watch leaders, unite and expell the pigs at the trough!

AllanY2525

Ok, good to know Westsider.  The public meetings with neighborhood stake holders
is a good idea - Youngstown 2010 plan did the same thing.

Now, I am wondering if there is anything of the original 2010 plan that could be merged
with/incorporated into the new plan.  Perhaps they should take down the old, 2010 website
and replace it entirely (?)

Looks bad for the city to have a website that is frozen in time, with no updated content
added after a certain date (a few years ago).  It's like advertising the fact that the 2020
plan fizzled out......

northside lurker

Allan, the city hired YNDC for its urban planning needs.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/jul/19/yndc-to-provide-planning-services/
http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/feb/07/yndc-sets-dates-for-public-meetings-for-/

Also, this was in yesterday's paper:
http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/feb/23/youngstown-plans-return-90-east-side-acres-nature/
So, finally, some progress is being made re: the 2010 plan.

I also believe the neighborhood meetings (see 2nd link above) and the revamped zoning ordinance, are continuations of the 2010 plan.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

I agree... the new mayor needs to look at positions that could be eliminated or combined
in order to free up some funds for a new city-wide professional planner who has a
demonstrated skill set and track record.

Anthony Kobak has been gone almost FIVE YEARS now - Youngstown 2010 is dead, website
sadly out of date and needs to either be updated, or taken down altogether.  If the latest
attempts to revive the downsizing efforts in Youngstown amount to anything serious, perhaps
they could overhaul the Youngstown 2010 site and update it.

I've read the reasons he gave for leaving online, but it probably had more to do with the fact
that the city was unwilling to do what needed to be done once Mr. Kobak came up with the
broad planning stuff.

Youngstownshrimp

This problem must be addressed by our new mayor now!

Youngstownshrimp

The Mayor and D'avignon years ago while fumbling down the road of inept leadership, stumbled on this "shrinking" the City.  There was no epitome, there was no brainstorm, all there was, was an easy answer to what plagued YTown.  "Hey look at us, we can package this inability to grow Youngstown and call it "rightsizing."  Yes, readjusting the infrastructure is a good thing but when you ride this theory of downsizing, it is nothing but mere laziness and incapability on the part of our present leadership in YTown.  Again, thank God for defunding, it is the tool that will "throw the bums out!"  The present leadership, D'avignon and many other Pork suckers need to go.

northside lurker

Quote from: AllanY2525 on June 04, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
Youngstown 2010 got off to a great start, had a good couple years and then stalled.

Nevertheless, Youngstown needs to continue shrink the built infrastructure down to
what it actually needs for a population of +/- 72,000 people.  the city was built out for
150 to 200,000 people - the vast majority just isn't needed, and is blighting the city
and costing extra resources to try and maintain to some extent.

If it's not needed, and the tax base cannot afford to maintain it - then it just plain
needs to go - "it" being unused streets, buildings, whatever...

I agree with you Allan.  We need a planner to organize how that is done.  Otherwise, we'll just keep randomly demolishing stuff until there is nothing left.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

Youngstown 2010 got off to a great start, had a good couple years and then stalled.

Nevertheless, Youngstown needs to continue shrink the built infrastructure down to
what it actually needs for a population of +/- 72,000 people.  the city was built out for
150 to 200,000 people - the vast majority just isn't needed, and is blighting the city
and costing extra resources to try and maintain to some extent.

If it's not needed, and the tax base cannot afford to maintain it - then it just plain
needs to go - "it" being unused streets, buildings, whatever...

Youngstownshrimp

I see MahoningValley.info rising.  You go iwasthere, you are on target, call the public sector job abusers out!  Smart, you mention names and pork salaries.....throw the bums out and hire QUALIFIED leaders with track records.  D'Avignon, check is resume out, totally unqualified...... all the other workers in the annex are the same, inept.

iwasthere

the salaries of the three women working in the council chamber's office is totally out of line for thier jobs's description. one makes $68,00 the second one makes $58,000 and last one makes 40,000. all them makes more then the average beginner for fire and policel i ask who puts their life on the line more the women in the council chamber's office or the firefighter or the police officier? can someone enlighten me who is more valuable to our city? i say reduce the salary of the first two and eliminate the third position, you will the monies for a city planner.

jay

Isn't the plan to shrink the city?  ???

How man streets and neighborhoods have been abandoned so far?

Youngstownshrimp

In today's Vindicator, again D'Avignon cries for a full time City planner and Hunter Morrison of YSU chimes in and seconds the motion.  Funny how they both blame their failures in entitled positions on the lack of a City planner.  Question, with Morrison's fat YSU salary, what has he accomplished for the area, Zero.  And D'Avignon, he obviously has been inept since he was allowed to put on a tie.  Solution, get rid of D'avignon and the rest of his failing staff and bring in a QUALIFIED individual.  As far as Morrison send him back to Cleveland where he wasn't wanted to begin with.