News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Forum Now Open For Intelligent Youngstown Debate"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, April 08, 2011, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

For the past several months many here have knocked out, dragged out, name calling, down and dirty, fought it out here on this, the most active surviving board in Youngstown.  I can honestly say that most have enlightened me and that some have reinforced my understanding of why Youngstown is third world.  It is not that we all do not care really about Youngstown, rather it is the old blue collar culture of suspicion towards business leaders and of anything other than labor.  Labor is now insignificant in Youngstown and business mostly have evacuated rather than fight the mindset.

As with Wisconsin, debate here that spiralled down into personal attacks have resulted in a similar fashion wherein the losers grabbed their marbles and went home, this was surprising to me.  When one could no longer debate intelligently, they go personal.

I would like to think that the intelligentsia have overcome here and that now we can have serious honest debate on what must be done in our community for it to change for the benefit of the next generation, let us begin......